Gitmo: Incarceration in style

posted at 2:16 pm on June 28, 2006 by Bryan

SeeDubya finds Carlos the Jackal pining for Gitmo:

…the Jackal’s new lawsuit shows that most Islamofascist terrorists don’t suffer too badly in the much-reviled Gitmo installations, no matter how loudly the international left denounces them. The Jackal’s demands for Gitmo-style due process and Gitmo-style accomodation seem to say that the jailhouse perspective among international terrorists is a little different.

Tell that to the Democrat party, CAIR, the ACLU and the UN, all of which have been agitating to close Gitmo for years.

Update (Allahpundit): Your Gitmo link’s better than mine, but I’ll share anyway. Remember the three guys who hanged themselves? Not so depressed, as it turns out.

What could lead a man who isn’t desperate to do such a thing? I wonder.

Comments

New idea: Floating Gitmo. Put them on a barge and anchor it several miles off the coast of Cuba. Drop rations once a week.

Bellicose Muse on June 28, 2006 at 2:49 PM

And use the barge as a 1 time submarine warfare training platform. ;^)

georgej on June 28, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Where it can then be used as a one-time shark feeding platform.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 28, 2006 at 2:59 PM

Not a surprise that Charlie wants the good life in Gitmo. After all, prisoners in Gitmo get all sorts of culturally sensitive amenities. All they need to do is open up the Marxist wing at Gitmo for the Communist tyrants and terrorists. Somehow, I don’t think Fidel would be too happy with that.

Rick on June 28, 2006 at 3:01 PM

I look at it as three new cages just opened up for rent.

I wonder if they serve wine in the French jails?

Kini on June 28, 2006 at 3:49 PM

He would get treated much better, eat whatever his religion allows(whatever he changes it to be, some moslims eat quite well there at Gitmo), be near more crazed killers…and be able to communicate to hundreds of crazed killers much more efficiently.
I dont think the Jackel should be anywhere near Gitmo, IslamoFascist murderers, or anyone that might be getting out soon.
This move would bother me.
As for the dearly hated recently departed suicides? Depressed? How could that be when their entire lives have been predetermined TO KILL THEMSELVES. Maybe ’cause they didnt kill any of us when they died, that’s about the only reason for their ‘depression’.
What a crock.

shooter on June 28, 2006 at 4:38 PM

No, no. I’m pretty sure (from what I’ve heard) that Gitmo is the worst prison ever to be put together in the history of the universe. Ever.

Hoodlumman on June 28, 2006 at 4:48 PM

Very true, Hoodlumman, just ask Little Dick Durbin.

Rick on June 28, 2006 at 5:10 PM

I think we need to make Gitmo more like the prison Carlos the Jackal is in, thjat might solve the problem

Defector01 on June 28, 2006 at 5:13 PM

Q: Why did the Gitmo prisoners kill themselves?
[b]A:[/b] Because they couldn’t figure out how to take anybody else with them.

Jim Treacher on June 28, 2006 at 5:23 PM

When we were putting the Gitmo cookbook together, we found some really good quotes from the inmates:

“Americans are very kind people…If people say that there is mistreatment in Cuba with the detainees, those type speaking are wrong, they treat us like a Muslim not a detainee.”

“…the devil Saddam and his party have fallen down. How people go to Najaf and Karbala walking and nobody prohibits them? This was grace of God and the USA to Iraqi people.”

“I’m in good health and have good facilities of eating, drinking, living, and playing.”

“These people take good care of me…The guards and everybody else is fine. We are allowed to talk to our friends.”

“The food is good, the bedrooms are clean and the health care is very good. There is a library full of Islamic books, science books, and literature…Sport, reading, and praying, all of these options are not mandatory for everyone, it is up to the person.”

I’m not saying that’s the consensus of all inmates, but I was really surprised to find *any* people with those views.

Laura on June 28, 2006 at 8:34 PM