Bush Rocks

posted at 8:35 am on June 28, 2006 by Bryan

You may have seen this video by now, but if not click over to Pundit Guy and watch President Bush cover “Sunday Bloody Sunday.” It’s an amazing edit job.

It’s also a bit of a hatchet job–the editor lopped off the final lines of the song, including “to claim the victory Jesus won.” Which if you really think about it, removes the dark song’s hopeful ending. I figure the editor must be a leftist and fears the J-word. Or just doesn’t want the song to end on a positive note.

Comments

I’m surprised to see this here, Bryan. The guy who put this together is an underground DJ called “Rx” (like a perscription). He’s done other “great” Bush rockin’ songs like “Dick is a Killer” and a cover of Granmaster Flash’s “White Lines”.

Convertacon on June 28, 2006 at 10:52 AM

I don’t think Bryan is trying to endorse any gratutious Bush-bashing here. He mentions it has amazing editing, (which as the guy who puts helps put together the daily vent is understandable) not that it has “amazing insight” into the “Bu$hitler” mindset.

He then mentions how he thinks it is a bit of a “hatchet job” too. Which seems to be a fair criticism as well.

I don’t think Bryan’s reporting or commenting on this affair is an endorsement of it. Will it get this guy “Rx” some extra attention and hits? Yeah, but that is really kindof unavoidable. It’s not like were out there buying his book or something. But the fact of the matter is, something of interest came out of the left, and Bryan reported on it, just like he reports on the NYT scandal and the showdown with Ahmadinejad. Do these reports bring more attention to the NYT and Ahmaddinejad? Yes, but that doesn’t necessarily equate to approval or support.

EFG on June 28, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Also funny would be a Cheney cover of AC/DC’s “Shoot to Thrill”. Plus, Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinsky covering the B-52′s “Love Shack” and Hillary doing her rendition of Alanis Morrissette’s “I’m a…” um, well, never mind.

Bellicose Muse on June 28, 2006 at 11:45 AM

It is possible to appreciate skill without endorsing the politics behind the artist. If it weren’t, I probably wouldn’t listen to U2 or see very many movies at all.

Bryan on June 28, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Didn’t say it shouldn’t be here. Just that I’m surprised. I agree, though. The guy is talented, but probably best to ignore him.

Convertacon on June 28, 2006 at 12:30 PM