Breaking: No punishment for “Hadji Girl” Marine

posted at 2:19 pm on June 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

Investigation over. Message from the Corps to CAIR: “Save the drama for your mama.”

“The preliminary inquiry has been concluded. No punitive action will be taken against Corporal Belile. And there will be no further investigation,” said Maj. Shawn Haney, a spokeswoman at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in North Carolina.

Haney said the inquiry ruled out any violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Another Marine Corps official, who asked not to be named because details of the inquiry are private, said poor taste, poor judgment and poor timing, not to mention offensive lyrics, do not necessarily amount to criminal conduct.

Update: A Malkin exclusive — Cpl. Belile speaks.

I want everyone to know that I’ve read every e-mail, and every message that came my way, and out of nearly 1300 messages, I had one single message that was negative…

I am planning on recording and releasing a professionally produced and engineered version of “Hadji Girl” which will be aired on the Mike Church show, and will be available for sale through their web site within the coming weeks. I have decided to take this step to show that I am in full support of every American’s right his or her own freedom of speech, military or civilian… to include my own. As long as I am representing only myself and my thoughts and opinions I am within my legal rights as an American.

If you don’t want to listen to my music, I’m sure your volume knob works as well as mine.

Comments

YESSSS!!!! About time the brass found their, uh, male parts! :)

jcon96 on June 27, 2006 at 2:23 PM

“…poor taste, poor judgment and poor timing, not to mention offensive lyrics, do not necessarily amount to criminal conduct.’

Words to live by. That’s the reason I’m still a free man.

see-dubya on June 27, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Just another case of Marines being Marines.
At least the guys defending us have a sense of humor.

Iblis on June 27, 2006 at 2:30 PM

I wonder if any of the nasty letters to the commandant regarding the Marine Corps’ unwillingness to stick up for it’s Marines had any effect on the outcome of this. Michael Ledeen for one posted his in ‘The Corner’ over at NRO a couple of weeks ago, and it was especially harsh (but fully justified IMO).

In the end, morale of the troops is the trump card in this case, and it certainly trumps the sensitivities of the jihad lovers at CAIR (who could not muster the same sense of outrage for the brutal killing of two of our own soldiers recently … hell, they probably celebrated it).

thirteen28 on June 27, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Whew! Thank goodness no punishiment for having a sense of humor.

pjcomix on June 27, 2006 at 2:39 PM

p.s. I’m sure glad the Reuters article didn’t take the lyrics out of context….

//sarcasm off:

thirteen28 on June 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM

I wrote one of those nasty letters too.

Hope the Commandant and his PAO’s take the advice and print this:

We aren’t no thin red ‘eroes, nor we aren’t no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An’ if sometimes our conduck isn’t all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don’t grow into plaster saints;

on the palms of their hands.

Out Here
Rodney Graves
rodney.g.graves@gmail.com

Rodney Graves on June 27, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Wow…………finally, this is what free speech is. You may like it, you may hate it, but I have every right to say it.

darwin on June 27, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Thank God. We have all done worse “after hours”. We’ve just never been videotaped (I hope).
The last thing I ever want hear is “sensitive marines”. Their job is to destroy the enemy. Period.

Fogpig on June 27, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Not to nitpick, but in the time and place Cpl Belile performed the song, there was no poor judgement, timing or taste.

War sucks, and having some laughs doesn’t.

Pablo on June 27, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Remember this next time you asses see a brown-skinned person cheering at the death of an American.

sgtjivanelli on June 27, 2006 at 2:59 PM

Remember what?

Allahpundit on June 27, 2006 at 3:00 PM

YAHOOOOOOOO!

hey sgt, think before blogging
Be unique amongst liberals

Defector01 on June 27, 2006 at 3:03 PM

Good news indeed. Congratulations, CPL Belile.

EFG on June 27, 2006 at 3:05 PM

I don’t support his song, but I fully support his right to sing it.

EFG on June 27, 2006 at 3:06 PM

sgtjivanelli – What in the world does a “brown-skinned” person have to do with this? Yours is a pitiful attempt to bring race into the issue when it’s not warranted.

And by the way, I can recall many instances where a “brown-skinned” person was cheering the death of an American way before this song was written.

Grow up.

darwin on June 27, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Congrats, Corporal Belile.

Next time I fly home to NC, I’ll have to drive out to the beach and check out one of your shows.

The Ugly American on June 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM

“Words to live by. That’s the reason I’m still a free man.”

I second that. I may not have written an offensive lyrics, but I’ve made up for it with the Three P’s!
Poor taste
Poor judgment and
Poor timing

High Desert Wanderer on June 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM

hey, Sgt. JagoffNelly:

Please explain how a stupid song performed PRIVATELY has any relation with the possible deaths of Americans abroad, at the hands of savage jihadists who show their disregard for human life by using women and children as shields. Do you think they will stop chopping heads if we apologized? Newsflash…Jimmy the Dhimmi carter tried that already, and it didn’t work. Clearly, your liberal “white guilt” forces you to throw out the “brown skinned” distractor, but we all know what you really mean. Silly rabbit! Tricks are for kids! Go play with Kos, now.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 27, 2006 at 3:20 PM

see-dubya, if all of those were criminal conduct, I think everyone here- including me- would be writing from behind bars :))
Singing goofy, tactless songs (and who hasn’t) hardly equates to cheering for realworld deaths, except in the minds of deranged people.

Mike O on June 27, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Yay! Hey HotAir Staff – keep an eye on this and give us a link when it’s available, will you?

KCSteve on June 27, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Well done, folks. One out of 1,300 isn’t bad…

Jaibones on June 27, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Hey, Sarge (if…), I think maybe you’re reading us wrong on this one. Not speaking for everyone, but my take is that the song describes a soldier who goes to visit a local girl, and her brother and Dad hate Americans and kill her while trying to kill him. So he shoots them out of self defense.

And then he laughs the laugh of the insane. Are you comparing that to Palestinians dancing in the street on 9-11? I beg to differ on this one…

Jaibones on June 27, 2006 at 4:53 PM

I can’t tell you how much milage I’ve gotten out of this song, which causes me to think of this guy every day and wonder if he ever got into trouble. I’m so happy to hear not only that he isn’t in trouble, but that we’ll have another version. Excellent news.

Leiren on June 27, 2006 at 5:05 PM

The tune wasn’t all that bad anyway. Marines and soldiers should be allowed some FREE time without fear of being prosecuted for PC crap they may have violated (by someones standards). When I was a soldier the F word was a syllable inserted into almost every word. It was funny then and became a habit hard to break. These Marines have seen alot and as young fighting men, they deserve a little humor, no matter who gets pissed.

gary on June 27, 2006 at 5:59 PM

It is about time the marine corp brass came to their senses..I agree with you gary that a little humor is needed to help offset what the marines and soldiers are going through////

robo on June 27, 2006 at 6:37 PM

That is a damn good melody and he played well.

Good for him…

I think his song is milder than Ann Coulter’s book.

easy87us on June 27, 2006 at 7:17 PM

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING

Durka Durka, Mohommad, Jihad… and HOOAH!!

venmax on June 27, 2006 at 8:02 PM

my point, and you all backed me up pretty well, is that we cheer the deaths of brown skinned people while acting aghast that they would do the same for us. cheers.

sgtjivanelli on June 27, 2006 at 9:03 PM

Brown skinned?
What is a “brown skin”
SOunds rascist to me.
When I look at the world all I see is people. Why do you feel it necasary to project ypur rascism by dividing people by the color of their skin?

I do not cheer the homicide bombers. nor the murderer of innocents. I chuckled at the fictional song because a woman lured a marine into an ambush and he got out alive. He killed 2 people. The father and the brother.

Take your rascism elsewhere. Any argument you may make by projecting your dislike for anyone that is not “white” invalidates any argument you make Sgtvanelli.

Their are only two groups of people. Freinds and enemies. Pigmentation does not fit into the equation.

Wyrd on June 28, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Awesome! That is what makes America great!

sgt vanilla is just silly. Must be a Muslim or a Liberal. Please pick up the book, “Humor for Dummies, Muslims and Liberals”. And read it very very slowly.

Joe on June 28, 2006 at 7:29 AM

It really doesn’t mean a thing when you mention someones skin because it’s the humans in general that kill when they hate someone because of their mental state of mind..
I love the song and I think he had a right to blow off steam. If he happen to see or hear about his brothers and sisters over there killed by so mental person that can’t understand that their lives would be better off free..
He chose to be in the marines not to see or hear that his countrymen or women have died but to help the people of iraq have a great life.
God Bless Him And Everyone Here.

alyce on June 28, 2006 at 10:03 AM

remind me to send you all a copy of my rocking tune about how funny it was when people jumped out of the Twin towers while they were on fire. Hee hee. Seeing them fly through the air always sets my toes to tappin’

sgtjivanelli on June 28, 2006 at 10:32 AM

SGT, the short bus waiting to take you to Madrassa is waiting out front…

E5infantry on June 28, 2006 at 10:43 AM

People jumping out of a burning building amuses you? Each to their own. personaly I am amused when someone ambushes a marine and gets wasted for it. Like the marine the other month that left a part time job and was jumped by 4 people, one with a shotgun. He kicked the gun out of the punks hand, and knifed 2 of the attackers to death. the other two lived but were injured.
Luckily sgtmillivanilli, you have every right to make a song about people jumping out of the twin towers. please post the lyrics and a link to the web site where you are hosting it.

Wyrd on June 28, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Wait a minute……

I think I just heard the distinct and embarrassing sound of CAIR being kicked squarely and soundly in the Gazotts!

Durka! Durka!

Semper Fi, Corporal Belile!

Jack.