Dixie Chicks: No need for patriotism

posted at 2:30 pm on June 17, 2006 by Bryan

I can say I knew them when…when the Dixie Chicks were a red-hot bluegrass band that kept their idiot opinions to themselves. Now–they’re dead to me.

The Chicks can’t hide their disgust at the lack of support they received from other country performers. “A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do,” says Robison.

“A lot of pandering started going on, and you’d see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism.”

That’s because you’re blind.

Comments

Miss “messed up” Maines: If it were not for the patriotism of many proud men and women, you would be eventually weaing a burka.

Infantile people just do not understand.

Wil on June 17, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Heh. I was just about to link this under the headline “Dixie Chicks: Question Our Patriotism.”

Great minds think alike.

Allahpundit on June 17, 2006 at 2:38 PM

I guess I could be over-reaching, but it seems to me this estupida doesn’t care about anything bigger than herself.
It’s all ME! ME! ME! for her.
From complaining about not having support to complaining about patriotism, she sounds like my 2 year-old daughter.
I wonder if her life is empty, empty, empty…

Coño!

batperez on June 17, 2006 at 2:43 PM

I just wrote a letter to my local country station, which still plays them.

see-dubya on June 17, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Gee, DUH! The Dixie Chicks can’t “hide their disgust” at the lack of support? The disgust is mine! — aimed squarely at the Dixie Chicks — and especially at Maines.

Maines is so utterly ungrateful she does not realize she’d probably be doing menial labor if her country did not offer her and her co-fools the opportunities it does. Maines’ fans made her what she is and they are going to send her and her little chicks back to the coop.

The word, “disgust” does not BEGIN to describe the Dixie Chicks’ traitorous blubberings, which they are careful to regurgitate in a “comfort zone”: overseas or in the lyrics of a song. Proof of how fed up with them everyone in this country is, is the forced cancellation of a spate of their recently scheduled concerts due to an absence of ticket-takers. So they ran off to Canada. GOOD RIDDANCE!

These moronic bimbos, instead of spitting on their fans and country, should crawl on and kiss the ground it stands on for giving them the opportunity they had. Instead, they desecrated everything this nation is and stands for.

A tip to Maines: Most of the country DOES disagree with you, and I can only hope your trio of Dixie HENS fades into obscurity, a victim of your vile mouths.

ForYourEdification on June 17, 2006 at 2:59 PM

What an arrogant, conceited and obnoxious thing for Ms. Robison to say: “…a lot or artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career,…”
How incredibly ridiculous and self-serving!.. I’m quite sure there were plenty of patriotic performing artists long before this dunderhead’s Grandmother was ever born..
And there will be plenty more long after Ms. Airhead is dead and buried in her grave; (hopefully, in some other country)….

Ben Here on June 17, 2006 at 2:59 PM

I’m still trying to figure out why anyone cares.
Their base, the people that supported them were country music fans. Those fans made em millionaires, and in return they have basically told those fans “we don’t need your kind”.
A lot of lefties maybe buying their cd’s in “solidarity” with em. But I don’t believe they can maintain a career from sympathy sales.

Wonder what it’s like to be that arrogant?

Cpilot on June 17, 2006 at 3:04 PM

Instead of being proud of the fact that she lives in a country where a nobody like her can achieve their dream, she feels compelled to denigrate the very institution and philosophy that has allowed millions of others to also achieve their dreams.

darwin on June 17, 2006 at 3:07 PM

The system works. The very same public that gave them their fame and fortune will remove it. They ought really to just show up to work like the rest of us Americans and do what we pay them to do. Sing. We as media consumers also need to stop giving them a platform.

Psycotte on June 17, 2006 at 3:15 PM

beatcanvas on June 17, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Your site doesn’t like html… how about this instead:

Use as you like…

beatcanvas on June 17, 2006 at 3:19 PM

“Chicks” – what a fitting name!

Their parents, teachers, advisers, counselors, etc. deserve lashes for not knowing and teaching the girls about the meaning of patriotism. Note how derogatory they find “ultra-patriotism” around the beginning of the Iraq war. They have no clue. I’d give anything to see them forced into burkas, for just a public half hour! On the other hand, our soldiers will see to it that it doesn’t happen – and that’s patriotism!

Still, I find the attitude of the Telegraph article author jast as apalling. This Mr. Adam Sweeting lives on another planet too. Here the most telling excerpt:

“There can be no rational explanation of how Maines’s remark (about our President being from Texas) came to drive a red-hot poker into America’s divided soul…”
Also, note that we are all “rednecks”.

For more on most of the British media of today:

Entelechy on June 17, 2006 at 3:22 PM

‘ HEADLINE: BIRD FLU reaches Texas-the South: Dixie Chicks infected. Heard rambling nonsense, not just in music’
..but as for loving the whole country… I don’t see why people care about patriotism.”.. The very country that gave, and still gives, her/them the oportunity to prosper, is the country she/they hate.
Sick selfish egocentric brats.
Maybe the BIRD FLU infested & destroyed these chicks bird-brains.

shooter on June 17, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Stupid is as stupid does.

Ignore these dumbasses, they’ll fade soon enough.

clyde on June 17, 2006 at 3:35 PM

Dixie who?

NRA4Freedom on June 17, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Something I learned early…empty barrels make the most noise. Miss Maines and her “sisters” are the perfect example. What is wrong with just singing?…they are not so bad at it..but political punditry is waaaaay over their heads. For the life of me, I really do not understand why they think anyone cares what they think about ANYTHING. And they continue to speak out as if there was an intelligent thinking brain between the three of them…..per LAURA INGRAHAM…Shut up and Sing….!

Sandys Beach on June 17, 2006 at 3:47 PM

Natalie Maines should be told that without the Hurculean effort of thousands of brave and patriotic men, her mother would have been sexing a German or Jap, and she could be singing ‘Love Me Long Time’ in a state sponsored German brothel.

Larry the Cable Guy said it best about fat Nat, “she’s the little chunky one”!

Grouper on June 17, 2006 at 3:49 PM

..one more thing…she says she does not understand the necessity for partiotism…well, Natalie, how about it’s a free country and we can feel anyway we want…that means you have the freedom to trash this country and no will put your behind in jail…now, if you are in Iraq or Afghanistan you would be missing your lovely head by now….Think on that for a bit. IDIOT!!!

Sandys Beach on June 17, 2006 at 3:53 PM

Another piece of vent trash. Who care about what the Chicks say or think?

Why don’t you guys go after the GAO’s piece on bankruptcy of SS system? Bush has signed an attachment to the Amnesty Bill to allow illegals to draw SS benefits after only 16 quarters into the system, why it requires US citizens 40 quarters. He also allow their families in Mexico to draw the benefits too. The freaking Senate passed the bill but neglected to tell us about this attachment. Lucky for us the House has found out. It is important that we must defeat the Amnesty Bill to survive as a nation! Or we can all go bankrupt that, you know, may trigger a revolution.

Man..we are having a huge fire here but you guys are fooling around with a bunch of freaking chickens?

easy87us on June 17, 2006 at 3:53 PM

Waitaminute…

Am I to understand that Maines believes Country and Western artists started including patriotic themes into their music and videos, not because there’s a war going on – but as a specific reaction to what she said in England?

WOW.

Just…

WOW.

venmax on June 17, 2006 at 3:54 PM

LOL! Lookit the title of the article…

“How the Chicks survived their scrap with Bush”

Um… how they did not survive you freakin’ limey… what’s left of their career is being propped up to questionable success by the MSM.

venmax on June 17, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Amusing how the Dippy Chimps have to assume only THEY are standing up for what they believe, yet everyone else is just “pandering”!!!

Hypocrites.

Warner Todd Huston on June 17, 2006 at 4:09 PM

easy87us:

The Senate’s amnesty bill IS (almost certainly) dead!

ForYourEdification on June 17, 2006 at 4:09 PM

ForYourEdicification, I am sure it is dead because NO ONE DARE EVEN to TOUCH IT NOW!

I am still trying to recover from my anger on Bush!

I am sorry.

easy87us on June 17, 2006 at 4:36 PM

Wait.
Is this article real? It can’t be. No one can be that stupid and simultaneously that arrogant.

Wow. Someone please tell me how to start a business in which I can pick and choose my customers depending on how nice they are to me.

-FOG (Fat Old Guy)

Fogpig on June 17, 2006 at 4:41 PM

When they first courted controversy, the backlash was excused as reactionary tactics by friends of Dubya, like Clear Channel, and that they were noble martyrs who…wait for it…spoke truth to power. (Gawd, how I hate that bogus phrase.) Criticism was attacked as fascism, the same way Bill Maher does, and they held themselves as beyond reproach.

When they came back for this album, they get the cover of Time magazine and tons of other coverage. For their music? Heck, no! Because they are bashing Bush more than ever and if there is a surer way to gain a warm tongue bath of Treason Media approval, I don’t know what it is.

Liberal entertainers mistake their freedom of speech as granting them immunity from criticism and backlash. No one has silenced Natalie, but where does she get off in presuming that she should get a parade for her comments?

Also, am I the only one who notices that anyone who doesn’t hop on the Bush-bashing bandwagon is automatically attacked as being a selfish, careerist who isn’t fighting the power. Uh, Nat, could it be that these “ultra-patriotic” people ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT TERRORISM MUST BE FOUGHT?!?!? Just because you’ve forgone music for activism doesn’t mean that everyone else has a cynical calculus to their actions.

As someone above noted, if the Chicks dreams came true and Dubya and the War went away, they would be forbidden to play music, forbidden to have careers, draped in bhurkas and FORBIDDEN TO EXPRESS OPINIONS!!!

People so stupid to not understand this conundrum probably believe what Al Gore says about ManBearPig, too.

DirkBelig on June 17, 2006 at 4:52 PM

“It was the bullying and the scare factor,” shudders banjo and guitar player Robison. “It was like the McCarthy days, and it was almost like the country was unrecognisable.”

Dear heavens, this is a near-toxic level of self-absorption, isn’t it?

Slublog on June 17, 2006 at 4:54 PM

But you don’t understand. In their world, showing people you love your country and your way of life is a bad thing. Any show of having “cajones” must be immediately suppressed lest it lead to such things as “patriotism” and the dreaded “flag waving”. If people are allowed to have “cajones”, they may wake up and figure out they don’t need the government (democrats) to run every aspect of their lives.

darwin on June 17, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Better yet, shut up and don’t sing. That’s much more preferable.

Milano on June 17, 2006 at 4:56 PM

I can only hope their requests for Cuban passports are expedited.

MCPO Airdale on June 17, 2006 at 5:01 PM

My cat is smarter than Maines and he’s an idiot.

GT on June 17, 2006 at 5:04 PM

easy8:

It is important that the public pillory and pike these MSM darlings. There is nothing wrong with spreading dissent against what our betters at Time-Warner tell us we should do.

dung.

Moose Dung on June 17, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Love it… putting down the very people who are keeping her from having to wear a scarf on her head, and keep quiet in public…

Hmmm… Maybe the Moslems have a point….

/ducks from the ashtray thrown at him by his girlfreind…

Romeo13 on June 17, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Not one comment in support of them! Not even from ‘better off blue’! Must be that they are 100% indefensible.

easy8, I enjoy your comments in general. On this thread, please consider that it is important to point out such lack of comprehension and media dereliction.

Entelechy on June 17, 2006 at 5:38 PM

I can smell the spoiled bratwurst from here…

So: The chicks are bitter that speech has consequences. Hmm. Who knew?

RD on June 17, 2006 at 5:44 PM

Free speech for me but not for thee. How typical.

Why do you need to listen to the Dixie Chicks? About what? War? Guitar strings? Feminine hygiene? Foreign policy? Why?

Pablo on June 17, 2006 at 5:50 PM

*BING* That was the timer. Dixie Chicks-your 15 minutes are gone. Please leave the stage the way you found it.

tormod on June 17, 2006 at 5:51 PM

I think this is just more proof that the Dixie Chicks suffer from “Hoof-in-Mouth” disease. And, you know what they do to Texas longhorns who have it.

(And before someone accuses me, I am not anti-bovine. I love cows, especially on the grill.)

GT on June 17, 2006 at 5:53 PM

“Survived their scrap with Bush? I believe President Bush gave a passing statement about their comments….something gracious about their right to say what they believe.

McCarthyism!! What a laugh. They know nothing of history.

Fat Nat is a fool.

Shut up and shut up.

doingwhatican on June 17, 2006 at 6:03 PM

McCarthyism? Hey,let me give you a little clue Dixie Chunks, he was right, there were and still are commies trying to ruin our fair land.And they just love the crap out of you .

bbz123 on June 17, 2006 at 6:47 PM

They could always find their audience in the “old Europe.” Mebbe they’ll keep ’em.

Chappy on June 17, 2006 at 7:01 PM

attn dixie chicks
If you don’t like that your audience doesn’t like it when your big mouthed lead singer sprouts left wing BS, then tell your left wing singer to keep her mouth shut. We exercise our freedom with our dollar bill. And if patriotism scares you, your in the wrong damn genre of music. Go become a folk singer

Defector01 on June 17, 2006 at 7:13 PM

I suggest the Chicks read “A Man Without A Country” about a man who stated that he wished he never heard of the United States.

He was sentenced to spend the rest of his life aboard ships never to set foot on land again.

The Chicks may be interested in what he said as he lay dying after spending decades at sea.

pocomoco on June 17, 2006 at 7:58 PM

The Dippy Clucks don’t understand that they are hawking a product and if no one wants the product then it fades away. They are, in effect, trying to sell Americans their own set of liberal beliefs, and no one wants it.

Americans do support our troops, the war, and are dead set against allowing terrorists define how we will live. If the chicks don’t like it they should move to a better place.

Did any of these women actually go to school?

DannoJyd on June 17, 2006 at 7:58 PM

Self-centerdness to the Nth degree. To hear them talk about themselves, this is ALL ABOUT The Dixie Chicks!

Baloney. This is about freedom loving patriotic Americans voting with their wallets. If you don’t like it girls, move to Canada.

speed647 on June 17, 2006 at 8:40 PM

I depise people like Dixie Chicks, Barbra Striesand, Sean Penn….et al.

These blood suckers made it to the top by the money of the Americans and then they use their fame to kick the butts of at least 50% of their supporters.

I have not spent a penny on Dixie Chicks so I really don’t care what they do and where they are. The more we pay attention to them the more successful they are in spreading their venom.

I just don’t think we need to hear from the chicks or spend precious resources on covering them.

Would it be better if we don’t have to hear their name again, like..they have vanished from this planet?

Peace on Earth and serenity for all.

easy87us on June 17, 2006 at 9:33 PM

You don’t understand patriotism, Maines? Good, because you don’t deserve to.

Metro on June 17, 2006 at 9:40 PM

Great, wonderful lines in these comments! Snifter Clink to doingwhatican for one of the best “Shut up and Shut up!”

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on June 17, 2006 at 9:46 PM

Still, no one can deny the plaintive, beautifully eloquent lyrics in songs such as “I ain’t ready to make rice.” Or whatever.

atbay on June 17, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Interesting how she can voice her opinion and that’s ok and should be respected, but just let anyone else voice their view of her opinion and say…maybe…decide to not buy her albums…. well, that’s just so wrong and terrible…and how can we be so cruel and bigoted? I have no doubt that she doesn’t see the need for patriotism.

sMack on June 17, 2006 at 10:45 PM

ATTENTION ALL LIBERALS!!

There are still a few Dixie Chick Blow-Up Dolls left!!

Call 1-800-4LOSERS

Get yours before they’re all gone!!

**they’re very high quality, you can actually french kiss them..

Richard Davis on June 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM

OK, I am going to kick these Chicks until eternity, just to please you guys. I kick with reason and logic, you know.

The Flu Chicks said..” “The entire country may disagree with me, but I don’t understand the necessity for patriotism,” Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. “Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don’t see why people care about patriotism.”

Do you see the fallacy here? If she really believes in living in this country without loving this country, then she should not have involved into politics. Since involving into politics is a way to show your patriotism, I think the chicks are phony.

They claimed that they are not patriotic because they think it is not necessary to be patriotic to live in this country. Yet they participated into politics. If they don’t love this country they should have no desire to participate in any political discussion because it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!

By all logic I have to conclude that they are phony.

I think they are begging for forgiveness without apologizing to the country.

Yep, that is what I got from their message.

They are begging you ” hey guys, come listen to us. We need your dollar and you know what..because we are sexy we can do whatever we want and you will still come to our concert, right?”

I say…”&^%$ You”.

easy87us on June 17, 2006 at 11:40 PM

I have learned that the Dixie Chicks have had to cancel all of their U.S. performances except one: the John Murtha fundraiser to be held in conjunction with the tinfoil convention next year. I hope C-SPAN covers that event . . .

csjd on June 18, 2006 at 12:29 AM

While I will never condone the death threats against the 3 hyper-egos, I not only condone but wholeheartedly support the right of all Americans (fans and non-fans alike) to enforce their own personal boycott against the “Chicks” and their “music”.

As my father ( a Marine vet always said) we have the protected right of Freedom of Speech in this nation….but it is not an absolute right. As such we also have the right to be held accountable as to the words we say regardless of where they were said.

If Ms. Maines does not comprehend this very basic principal…as the overwhelming majority of Leftist don’t, I would ask that she perform in some of the countries that profited from the actions of her statements….like say in Europe. Gotta love those hate speech codes.

As to the term patriotism…I don’t question hers or the other members of the group as it seems they never had it in the first place.

Terlizzi999 on June 18, 2006 at 12:54 AM

French, you know, are against patriotism in any form.

easy87us on June 18, 2006 at 1:02 AM

No need for Patriotism? Bah!!!

No need for Dipsie Chicks.

If not for patriotism, they couldn’t be the spoiled brats they are, making millions off of patriotic Americans who used to buy their CDs.

Let France have them, they deserve each other.

LewWaters on June 18, 2006 at 2:19 AM

I used to like them so much, they had loads of talent. But I’ll never listen to them again. Alice Cooper put it best:

“If you’re listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you’re a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we’re morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.”

Just change rock to country and read this, Natalie. Then think about it.

Ellen on June 18, 2006 at 4:49 AM

What a waste uf talent. Here in the Houston area, those chix have not been given air time since the London episode. And that suits me just fine.

gary on June 18, 2006 at 8:59 AM

Unfortunately, the Philadelpha Country station WXTU still plays music by artists who have raised money for Kerry and been outspoken against Bush, and the war, which ultimately puts our Troops in harm’s way.

WXTU loves Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi – (I know they’re not country acts, but the DJ’s talk about them often or give them plugs, which is just as bad)

Willie Nelson contibutes to “Code Pink” which puts ads in Iraq papers that say things like, “Sorry we’re occupying your country, just wanted you to know we do not support Bush or this war”

It would be awesome if they heard from some of you that Country fans don’t expect to hear music from artists that smear or cause harm to our Troops.

Here’s some contact info to email or call. Thanks!
215-263-6700
[email protected]

Richard Davis on June 18, 2006 at 9:21 AM

When the Dixie Chicks started, they played up their country backgrounds to market themselves to the country music fans. Those fans made them rich and famous, a fact apparently lost on them in their zeal to enter the Hollywood crowd. Heck, “Dixie” is a totally southern term which they knowingly played off as they rose up the charts.

First they scorn their country fans, then they scorn their entire country by criticizing patriotism? Wish they had been born under Islamic laws, see where they’d be today.

right as rain man on June 18, 2006 at 9:37 AM

I find this article to be rather amusing. It’s such a “pity party” for the Dixie Chicks, and nothing more. It’s over-reactive diatribe about the Country Music Industry is laughable. Country Music has been patriotic since it’s early days, it’s only recently that it’s been more visible. It has nothing to do with ‘pandering’, it has everything to do with support. The Dixie Chicks and Maines in particular chose what they wanted to do, which was in their rights. Other artists chose to support the soldiers and the mission, which was in their right. The public chose to do what was in their right, and the vast majority decided that the ‘Chicks were wrong and voted with their wallets and requests. Now the Dixie Chicks feel the sting and want to lash out against the very people who would buy the music they make. Personally, I really like their style of music, it was fun and uplifting and catchy. But they made their bed, and have to lie in it. It’s sad to see such talented mucisians self-destruct their own careers in this manner. They lost in opinion war the last time, I guess they wanted to make sure they had sunk their careers completely to the bottom with this article…

DakRoland on June 18, 2006 at 10:51 AM

They did a remake of the Fleetwood Mac classic song, “Landslide” (which they botched); a line from another Mac classic “Gold Dust Woman” may apply to what these Chicksie Dicks are doing to their career:

“Take your silver spoon and dig your grave”.

doingwhatican on June 18, 2006 at 11:28 AM

[easy87us] Dixie Chicks should really consider becoming a French by moving there. They would be loved and pampered over there.

Agree. Ditto with Germany. I predict a long, dull career playing the sports hall circuit with David Hasselhoff.

[DannoJyd] Did any of these women actually go to school?

Depends on whether public school still qualifies as “school”. If analysts like David Horowitz are correct then perhaps not…

RD on June 18, 2006 at 12:53 PM

If the Dixie Chicks have no need for patriotism, then I have no need for them. They dug their own grave and now they can go die in it.

pullingmyhairout on June 18, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Here’s the letter contents I sent to the ONLY country station in my ‘hijacked liberal area’ still playing the Dicksy Sucks:

“Natalie Maines’ most recent public quotation is…

Do I need to add my own words to explain to you folks why I will not listen to your station again until you permanently cease playing their music? …I think not.

Sincerely….”

I firmly believe in using the ammunition idiots like Maines provide us with and keeping it simple. Isn’t she the perfect Jihadist? I think this time she finally found the pin in the grenade to successfully blow herself up!

horsepower_1st on June 18, 2006 at 1:11 PM

I just feel sorry for them now. My anger is gone, replaced by pity.

My early reaction had been disappointed rage. I owned every album. And despite my increasing conservatism and my vote for Bush in 2004, when Maines made her 2003 comments, I wouldn’t have tossed out the records.

Because she has her right to her opinion. It’s a vile, misinformed, petulant, baseless opinion, but I fought for her right to have it. It wouldn’t have been enough to make her “dead to me.”

It was their cowardice that did that. I’m not even convinced she meant what she said the first time around. I think what she did was actually worse – she just told an anti-American crowd in a foriegn country on the eve of war what they wanted to hear. I sincerely believe that on that night, had she been playing in front of a neo-Nazi crowd, she would have spewed anti-Semitic remarks. ANYTHING to pander to the crowd.

That’s impressive cowardice. Nothing like the “courageous hero” the left paints her as.

Her cowardice got worse: once back in the States, she apologized for her remarks. I would have respected her more if she’d simply clarified her position and stuck with it. Sheer intellectual dishonesty.

My Dixie Chicks albums have been resting at the bottom of a Nashville landfill for three years now. When I hear them on the radio, I just change the dial.

But amazingly, she’s now worse. To drum up sales, she retracts her retraction? Are you kidding? How could be any more classless?

Her remarks are heard by the troops. What she says – while I’ll fight to the death for her right to say it – does REAL harm to our men and women in uniform. And she doesn’t care.

And she’s too cowardly to even stand by her words.

But this latest is the saddest. For a long time I hated her and everything she stood for.

But now there’s nothing but pity.

I can’t imagine living with so little honor. I can’t imagine having no understanding of courage and sacrifice. That kind of life would be a slow death.

And this? This disdain for patriotism, an absolute lack of understanding of how someone could love our country, the freedoms we enjoy, our history of freedom and sacrifice?

It’s just pitiable. Pitiful. I am no right-wing extremist; I am not even politically partisan. But love of country is so deep in my blood that I’d die without it. I still get teary-eyed looking at that flag, hearing that anthem. A 40-year old former Marine and I can weep openly when the patriotism in my blood is stirred.

Natalie Maines has never felt that. Will never feel that. Cannot even imagine it.

I can’t hate that. I can only feel sorrow for her. What an empty, sad, useless existence.

Professor Blather on June 18, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmm? “Please buy our CD’s, concert tickets and keep us in money” “We hate you Patriotic A$$HOLES but we love your money” “We hate eveything you stand for, and you have no right to question our comments”

Are there any dopes out there that would still buy one of their records or attend a concert? Puleeeeeeeze, These 3 and especially Natalie are as dumb as a bag of hammers. Point gun at foot, pull trigger. Sheeeesh!!!!!

SparkyFD on June 18, 2006 at 2:23 PM

They realized they didn’t have any talent so they had to start slamming america to increase record sales. They are guilty of exactly what they were accusing others of doing.
Pathetic little twits.

pullingmyhairout on June 18, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Prof Blather….sad to say that their talent is much…as is Barbra Striesand and Alec Baldwin. It is foolish to say that I would not pay to see or listen to their individual talent…I am very guilty of this…however, I have had a turn for another opinion…engaging these persons in intelletual debate is the only way to fight this. The problem, as I see it, is that the Dixie Chicks, Barbra or Alec will not face questioning…it is easy to appear on the Leno or Letterman shows….but how about a true debat…let one of the networks set up the venue and broadcast it live.
Lets have Natalie (since she is the most vocal) and Alec B VS.Gary Sinese and Sean Hannity ( or anyone for that matter) Put ISSUES on the table…lets see who leads a debate…

Sandys Beach on June 18, 2006 at 3:18 PM

Prof. Blather said:

“…she just told an anti-American crowd in a foriegn country on the eve of war what they wanted to hear. I sincerely believe that on that night, had she been playing in front of a neo-Nazi crowd, she would have spewed anti-Semitic remarks. ANYTHING to pander to the crowd.”

I agree, but when you and I also both agree that this does direct harm to our troops… that doesn’t make you angry??

“Now she turns on her fans? On purpose? The very people that gave her everything she has?”

…but that also stirs no anger or outrage, Sir?? I will submit to you that she has turned on a lot more than her “fans”… she has turned on the United States of America.

The fact that you note that she lives without any sense of honor, courage or sacrifice for this country, and those who have given their lives for all of us, only now conjures your PITY? Do all liberals who emulate her ungratefulness and callous disrespect only deserve our PITY, Sir?

I have read your remarks before and always enjoyed them. I agree with your analysis of her actions and words, yet I am left empty by your reaction. Should we pity the terrorists who will use her words and actions as propaganda to recruit more like them and kill more of our soldiers?

I respectfully look to you to enlighten me, Sir. I don’t understand why it is wrong to be angered by her deeds. I see her as an enemy. Uninformed, ignorant, reactionary and shallow thinking… but an enemy nonetheless.

horsepower_1st on June 18, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Sandys, the reason they don’t/won’t discuss/debate issues is because they don’t know how to articulate any. They automatically default to name-calling and invective. Sean Hannity tried to get Baldwin to discuss an issue on the radio, and he bailed. Sad.

Chappy on June 18, 2006 at 3:38 PM

Natalie is not able to debate. She’s barely able to make coherent sentences when spewing her rhetoric. This is why most actors/musicians seem to be completely stupid when interviewed. Nobody wrote down what they need to say nor do they get more than one chance to get it right. No retakes on reality.

It’s the age of shock. Say something outrageous and it gets everyone’s attention. Never will everyone agree on anything because Kerry, for example, will agree and then disagree. So, the Chicks know some [dims] will agree with their rhetoric because they [whits] are our enemy. The left and the MSM (Maniacal Sucking Morons) don’t like them [Dim Chicks] either but they hate us [Conservative Intellectuals (hehe)] worse so, it’s a team effort.

Ted Nugent said it best. Don’t let the little s**t get to ya’ and it’s all lil s**t. Ignoring them will make them scream louder, bringing them out into the open, as it has been allowing them to destroy themselves.

That being said, I am ashamed the Chicks are from my home state, the Great State of Texas. These Chicks aren’t Dixie, they’re dim, dire and delusional.

RolandHall on June 18, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Chappy…hahahaha…that is my point EXACTLY. I could have a bit of respect for any of them if they would just inteligently debate the issues….but they can’t because there is no intelligent arguement for their opinion. Sad to say, but I really would look forward to something on that level. Aditionally, if anyone has the patience to tune into Air America for a nano second…this point is made perfectly clear. I am beginning to think that it comes down to brains vs lack of brains….is that too simply stated?..am I wrong?..or do the more intellient persons just naturally side with conservatism. This floors me every time…

Sandys Beach on June 18, 2006 at 8:22 PM

I can see a good side to this-we and the DixChix enjoy Freedom of Speech. We don’t “let” them speak-it is their right. Just as it is our right not to listen.
Many citizens of other nations have no freedom of Speech at all. To see that even dissident voices in America are allowed to speak will possibly make them desire the Freedoms we enjoy here.
Dissidents in China and Cuba face the same fate as those Iraqis who dared speak out against the Hussein regime: mass graves.
We are a greater nation than any of those, not because we are a ‘superpower’ but because even a Natalie Maines is allowed to embarrass herself in public by denouncing patriotism. God Bless America!

Doug on June 18, 2006 at 11:10 PM

All Right!!! Now for some Beach Logic…We know that every one’s favorite traitor celebrity is Jane Fonda (she is certainly mine.) I thought it would be a sweet touch, for Natalie and the Chickies, to go to Iraq and play a number or two for “The Taliban Freedom Fighters.” Patriotism comes in all forms, Natalie…the girls could start their own USO. Bring some refreshments for the ‘boys’ in uniform and a few other hollywood celebs…starting with Madonna…she will just knock them out with her pointed breast plates and crotch gyrations..
I have this image in my mind…keep thinking Marilyn Monroe in Korea..the boys all whooping and hollering, now fast forward to Fat NAt and the Chicks and those smelly freedoms fighters..I really have to go take a pill now, my imagination hurts.(/s)
One more thing..Natalie…go get some history books and educate yourself…UNDERSTAND WHY we so love this country.
I hate to call you a moron..but…this shoe is fitting very well.!!!

Sandys Beach on June 19, 2006 at 8:22 AM

I read the UK article on todays vent, and the line about “apopletic rednecks” struck me.
If it were blacks would they say “Apoplectic ni**ers”?
I doubt it, I can’t even type it here.

Wyrd on June 19, 2006 at 9:27 AM

Horsepower:

Reread my post. Once upon a time, I was enraged by the silly clueless twits. Furious beyond words. I certainly understand your anger.

But with each new spew from them, they’ve become less worthy of anger. They aren’t my enemy – they aren’t relevent enough or important enough. They’re pathetic. If they don’t matter, how can I care enough to be angry?

Pity is all they’ll get them from me. And for the record – your rage is what they want. Its what they’re banking on. It sells albums, makes them feel important.

I’ve turned my anger into an eyeroll and a shrug. It’s the most effective weapon. When we ignore them, the left will lose any reason to support them, and their career will finish its inevitable swirl around the toilet bowl.

Besides, their latest comments aren’t even worthy of rage. Disrespecting our commander-in-chief on the eve of war deserves anger – although looking back, if I had recognized just how truly cowardly that act was, I still think pity would have been a better response.

But her confession that she doesn’t even grasp patriotism? That’s just sad. The game’s already over and we’ve already won. It’s just not in me to hate someone already defeated, lying in a pool of their own filth, still spewing the same silliness, not even able to see the beauty of the country she defiles.

I feel sorry for her.

And again – that’s the more EFFECTIVE response. They’re thriving on the hatred and controversy. Ignoring them, pitying them, would absolute kill them. I’ll stick with that reaction, if you don’t mind.

And quit calling me “sir.” I worked for a living. :)

By the way, I left another Dixie Chicks story in the latest vent thread.

Professor Blather on June 19, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Pof Blather….EXACTLY!!!!

Sandys Beach on June 19, 2006 at 9:51 AM

80+ comments and still coming in – and not one in defense of the chicks! What a sane community!

Professor Blather, sir :), in all earnest a big THANK YOU for your service. I’m a naturalized citizen and I cry every time the colors are brought in. Experiencing this for hundreds of times hasn’t changed anything. I love you and all our soldiers and veterans.

I’m glad we had this thread about the chicks. They are another symbol about the far Left’s raw and primitive idiocy. Naivite would be too elegant a term. They should be forced to live two full years in Cuba or Myanmar/Burma.

Entelechy on June 19, 2006 at 1:46 PM

The Chicks have, I’m sure, begun to realize that the LAW OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND doesn’t pertain only to oil.

pocomoco on June 19, 2006 at 4:42 PM

It’s too late for the Ditzy Chix. If they had shut up and sang in teh beginning, instead fo shooting their mouths off, they would be rolling in deep clover today. But now, they can sing for someone else.

Liberty Call US on June 19, 2006 at 5:38 PM

OK, Prof. Blather… I do get your point. And I will even cede that you are likely having a much more adult response than myself. But I cannot rid myself of the anger.

I hear of the two soldiers whose bodies were found tortured and mutilated this morning and review Maines’ comments and it simply makes me boil and vibrate. What kind of a moron cannot see the truth here? Maybe me, for not being able to find pity for her. So be it. I still believe that my “rage” is for sound reasons.

On the “ignore her” side… I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did her latest remarks cause the local country radio station (that I wrote to) to “permanently” stop playing their music, but the station manager stated that he refused to even report her latest mouth diarrhea on the morning news yesterday! He said he would from now on treat them as “nonexistent”. That was Jon Shannon at station WPOR in Portland, Maine, by the way. I told him I would give him as much exposure on his decision as possible… DONE!

I understand your point clearly, Prof… I guess I just sometimes revert to my “juvenile attitude mode”. I appreciate your explanation. I will try to ignore them also (but I still might experience silent rage).

PS: I already read your post on today’s Vent and enjoyed it. I always read your posts. The “Sir” thing is my parent’s fault. Even though I approach 47 years old, I haven’t forgotten my instructions to respect those worthy of same. That certainly would include you… Sir! Thanks again.

horsepower_1st on June 20, 2006 at 11:46 AM

Saw your comment in that other thread but it took me a while to find this one. I’m techno-retarded sometimes.

To use the young kid’s lingo, I feel you, dawg. Don’t get me wrong: I toss plenty of swear words (and the occassional pillow) at the television when I hear this crap. And I’ll be brutally honest: if the Dixie Chicks have an untimely meeing with a Mac truck tomorrow, I ain’t gonna be crying. Probably smoking a big cigar and giggling about it.

And some people I hang onto my anger about. If it serves to motivate me to actually do something about it.

But the Dixie Chicks, to me, are just too pathetic to care much about. They’re now a self-parody. And I can’t help but feel sorry for them. Imagine feeling no patriotism at all. Wouldn’t that just suck? I can’t even imagine. Might as well ask me not to hear music or not to feel love.

It’s sad. The fact that they lash out because of it is even sadder.

But the truest reason why they don’t get my anger is because it’s what they want. It’s what they need right now. My anger. I guess it boils down to this: if a infant shits its diapers, we don’t get angry – because the baby just doesn’t know any better. That’s the Dixie Chicks to me: squalling infants that can’t control their bowels.

And THIS is the best reaction I’ve heard:

“was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did her latest remarks cause the local country radio station (that I wrote to) to “permanently” stop playing their music, but the station manager stated that he refused to even report her latest mouth diarrhea on the morning news yesterday! He said he would from now on treat them as “nonexistent”.”

Yup. Non-existent. That’s how I want them. At least until that big truck comes along (did I say that out loud?)

;)

Professor Blather on June 20, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Prof. Blather:

You call them over to your side of the street… I’ll drive.

;-)