Let the gloating begin: Rove cleared in Plame case

posted at 8:30 am on June 13, 2006 by Allahpundit

Did someone here order the crap sandwich?

Update: Har. When you click the “Mr. Fitzgerald calling” graphic on Truthout’s front page, it takes you to this.

Soooo… When do they frogmarch Jason Leopold off the office premises?

Update: Leave your predictions below about how Truthout will spin this. Given their track record, ain’t no way no chance no how they’re going to apologize forthrightly.

Actually, I’ll refine my request. Leave your predictions below about which members of the administration they’ll inevitably accuse of being involved in the conspiracy to “silence Fitzgerald.”

Update: Here’s Leopold’s last post, a blockbuster about a special-super-secret mystery indictment entitled … Sealed v. Sealed.

Update (Bryan): Howard Dean elects himself Pope and Chief Patriot:

DNC Chair Howard Dean on NBC’s ‘TODAY’: ‘If Karl Rove had been indicted it would have been for perjury. That does not excuse his real sin which is leaking the name of an intelligence operative during the time of war. He doesn’t belong in the White House. If the President valued America more than he valued his connection to Karl Rove, then Karl Rove would have been fired a long time ago. So I think this is probably good news for the White House, but its not very good news for America’…

Yeah, that’s the way to attract religious voters–abuse religious terminology.

Update: Our affiliate, Sanctuary, offers this photoshop:

crickets.png

Update: The latest news is here.

Comments

Plame over, man. Plame over!

Stormy70 on June 13, 2006 at 8:31 AM

I was waiting for you guys to wake up. :)

In the famous words of Nelson Muntz from the Simpsons…

HA HA!

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 8:35 AM

You know it’s a Rovian conspiracy… At least, that’s all we’ll hear about for the next 24 business hours. :)

S_que on June 13, 2006 at 8:36 AM

Someone go see if Jason Leopold is swinging from the rafters. http://www.sweetness-light.com/archive/jason-leopold-rove-indictments-are-sealed

BelchSpeak on June 13, 2006 at 8:37 AM

YEEESS! this is great news! We all knew it was a PARTISAN LIBERAL scam – designed to divert attention from Bush’s accomplishments.

All the Liberals want to do is topple this President and they don’t care what they have to do, or who it harms (including our troops).

Plame was NOBODY but a glory seeking, Bush-hating punk, and they wasted all this time and money to prove that….

Richard Davis on June 13, 2006 at 8:37 AM

This couldn’t have been timed any better; just as LieOut let Liepold do another story twist about Sealed V. Sealed.

But wait, Rove ratted out Bush and Cheney and Fitzie is going to indict them in 24 business hours! JUST YOU WAIT!

HA HA.

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 8:42 AM

Well now they can focus on investigating the other, far more damaging, leaks… like the CIA secret prisons and the NSA wiretapping.

They’ll get right on that. Riiiiiight.

Dave Shay on June 13, 2006 at 8:50 AM

But, but, but, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales silenced Fitzie! No wait, Rove uncovered some secret in Fitz’ past and is using it to blackmail him!

Damnit, where is my tin foil hat, I must have left it in Vegas.

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 8:53 AM

That’s it! Sealed v. Sealed is really America v. Bush! That’s right, not US v. Bush, but AMERICA v. Bush. Fitzie indicted the biggest terrorist in the world on behalf of not this fascist theocratic government…but on behalf of the PEOPLE!!!

OMG! I can’t wait until they announce it! I, um, hear they’re gonna do it Friday….

What a patriot Mr. Fitzgerald is! He’s so brave!

Pablo on June 13, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Boy, does Leopold look like a laughing stock now (well, he always did I guess, even more so now). I don’t know where or who he got his “info” from, but I’d like to shake the guy’s hand for feeding this pitiful Jason guy such crap. Anybody order some Crow?

darwin on June 13, 2006 at 8:55 AM

They will place the blame on Cheney.

Further prediction, T.O. will NOT get the truth out, they will NOT out their sources as promised.

ordi on June 13, 2006 at 8:57 AM

There was never a crime….

Fritzgerald needs to find a ladder to get down but he can’t. Because he has burnt it on the way up with the indictment of scooter Libby.

This is the first time that a guys gets indicted for conspiracy when no crimes is found in the grand jury investigation.

Leak? What leak?

easy87us on June 13, 2006 at 8:59 AM

It’s already started. From DailyKos commenters:

“The Plame arcana suggest strongly that Fitz had the goods on Rove, so if in fact he is not indicting, it means he is going after a bigger fish, and that fish can only be Cheney. I’d give two Rove’s for a Cheney anyday.”

And:

That’s one possibility. The others:

1. Rove artfully threw sand in Fitzgerald’s eyes, making it look like Libby did it.
2. Rove is an evil magician who has absolute power
3. They’ve got some goods on Fitzgerald via the illegal wiretaps, spying, etc.
4. The people who could implicate Rove were all bullied and threatened with blackmail.
5. Bullshit state secrets privilege/executive deliberation hogwash

darwin on June 13, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Truthout: Fitzgerald is Rove.

Hoodlumman on June 13, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Ronald McDonald Indcted on Charges of Special Sauce, Sleeping With Will Pitt.
By Jason Leopold
t r u t h o u t | Report
Tuesday 13 June 2006

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald spent more than half a day Sunday at the local McDonald in D.C., a famous hamburger joint featuring Ronald McDonald.

During the course of the visit, Fitzgerald was served a side of French fries by the cashiers for Ronald McDonald and told them that McDonald would be indicted for the secret special sauce served on billions of tasty sandwiches. Further, Fitzgerald charged slap-happy former rodeo clown McDonald with adultery for his role in sleeping with William Rivers Pitt, and instructed the cashiers to tell Ronald that he has 24 Martian hours to get his affairs in order, high level sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said Monday morning.

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Again, you are unfairly misrepresenting that website. He makes it very clear that the site is full of lies and misrepresentations, because they try to keep the ‘truthout’ of it.

Kevin M on June 13, 2006 at 9:20 AM

(for those that watch South Park) I’m feeling like Cartman when he is gloating to Kyle … nah nah nah nah naaaaah naaaah!!

thirteen28 on June 13, 2006 at 9:20 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! This is a bad week for the leftoids. ‘Z-man’ is canoodling with his virgins and now this. Ann punched them bloody all weekend and George W is in Irag. Oh man alive!!…I am glad to be conservative and on the side of good, as usual. I heard there is a huge sale on used tin foil hats…BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
ANd one more little thing..ALGOR got loose and is running around free, again. I am giddy with glee!!!!!

Sandys Beach on June 13, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Is it not terribly mature or sophisticated to be a tad giddy like I am?

I’m checking a message board I frequent about every five minutes. They had a special section on the Plame case and were in a liberal circle jerk over the inevitable indictment for weeks. So far, nothing. Too funny.

Darksean on June 13, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Darksean…circle jirk!?!???!? Now I really have to go change my undies……hahahhahhaah!!!!!! Oh my!!!

Sandys Beach on June 13, 2006 at 9:28 AM

HEH!!

Let me say that again…

HEH!!

venmax on June 13, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Bush is in Baghdad! He is Back!

ordi on June 13, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Well, I figured it was an apt description!

Giddy, I tell you!!!

Darksean on June 13, 2006 at 9:33 AM

I swear I thought I was cured of my Link-Whore Demons until this morning. Now, due to this story, I fear I am going to suffer a relapse.

Can’t…resist…urge…to…post…link…to…blog…chronicling…DUmmie…despair…over…this…story…

pjcomix on June 13, 2006 at 9:34 AM

You mean there’s not going to be a Fitzmas! No frog marches!

The moonbat reaction will be fun to watch…

Bob Mileti on June 13, 2006 at 10:01 AM

What politics has come to in this country: WH’s top political aide will not be indicted–bring out the confetti! When did the bar get this low?

honora on June 13, 2006 at 10:18 AM

TruthOut is STILL standing by the story, regardless of what was reported this morning.

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 10:44 AM

Time for TruthOut to change its name to OutOfTruth.

tommy1 on June 13, 2006 at 10:47 AM

TruthOut blogger Jason Leopold underwent seven hours of surgery Monday to repair multiple brain injuries suffered in a news cycle crash earlier in the year.

saint kansas on June 13, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Lol. From TruthOut’s comments:

Rove indictment
Thanks Guys,
As a liberal pundent in South Florida I believed you on the Rove indictment story. I then proceeded to assure a extreme right radio host here, on the air, that Rove would indeed be indicted. This resulted in a 150 dollar on air bet. This morning I had to eat an inordinant portion of neo-con crow not to mention having to pay the right wing looney tune the 150.

Thanks again,
Liberal Barry

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 11:03 AM

It’s times like these that I really like Philadelphia because it’s real easy to get laid here right now…

All I have to do is go to any liberal event or gathering, and say “Bush Sucks” and the next thing you know…..

Those 2 words are THE BIGGEST APHRODISIAC to these stupid shallow Liberal Women…

Now excuse me while I go wet my Dean and put a big ole republican smile on their depressed faces…..

Richard Davis on June 13, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Joe Wilson’s attorney released a statement that sounded like they’re going for a civil suit against Rove.

Enoxo on June 13, 2006 at 11:16 AM

The moonbats must be going nuts…but I repeat myself.
What a day for them: Rove will not be indicted and President Bush flies to Bagdad just 6 days after Zarqawi gets his.
I’m going to be gloating all day long about this!

Abigail Adams on June 13, 2006 at 11:18 AM

Oops! My previous URL about the DUmmie Despair messed up. Accidentally changed it. Now forced to Link-Whore myself again but other one doesn’t work. Now back to my Link-Whore Treatment Center for the relapse:

pjcomix on June 13, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Hmm…Patrick Kennedy having to answer for his shortcomings on the same day that Karl Rove is exonerated. God DOES have a sense of humor!

Chappy on June 13, 2006 at 12:14 PM

Now if the Marines can be cleared of wrongdoing, elation would be too poor of a word.

Darksean on June 13, 2006 at 12:20 PM

Joe Wilson, August 2003 “At the end of the day it’s of keen interest to me to see whether or not we can get Karl Rove frog-marched out of the White House in handcuffs”.

Mr. Bush is back and Karl hasn’t started with the other side yet. He just spit in his palms, rubbed them together and was overheard saying “I’m gon’ git ya one mo’ time”.

The democrats are having a 3-day meeting – ya think the trip to Baghdad and the big Rove stories will leave a crack to let their ideas out? Comparably, they’re too small anyway…

Entelechy on June 13, 2006 at 12:21 PM

See the escape hatch Leopold is trying to build?

1. Rove really WAS indicted, it is the Sealed v. Sealed indictment.

2. The indictment will never be unsealed, because Fitz is using it to pressure Rove to cooperate.

3. Thus, cub reporter Leopold was in fact correct even though Rove’s indictment will never be announced, so leave him alone.

I wonder how long it took him to invent this scenario.

Clark1 on June 13, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Why, oh why, couldn’t this news have come down during the Kos convention?

see-dubya on June 13, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Dang. That’s why the Dims need Congress. They just can’t depend on their friends in the judiciary.

I’m no fan of Mr. Rove’s policies, but we need to argue issues, not personalities. Good men can have legitimate differences. That’s what democracy is all about.

dman on June 13, 2006 at 1:10 PM

I half wanted to see Rove indicted so I can finally see what a Democrat means by ‘frog-march’.

Dean says Rove’s real sin is leaking the name of an intelligence operative during the time of war.

I always thought sin was disobeying God’s Law. Now Dean has me confused. Is this in Ezekiel or something?

Found it!

EZ 203:1-4
1. For the group did gather and consent to gold for battle. The fear of the people did pluck their pockets.
2. And the woman told the crowd she was with secret, so send ye the husband for he is yet well fed and cunning.
3. When the husband returned from the land of Kuz he cast a curse upon the warrior saying, your sin is not real for all know the woman is with secret, so take this sin instead
4. And then was heard a great scream

EZ 203:1-4, that’s the EZ-book of taking back the White House

entagor on June 13, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Frog-Marched…isnt that when the entire French military surrenders 5 minutes after war has been declared on their nation?

Seriously, things for the left seem to be spiraling downward… Ann Coulter releases another book which is driving the left completely nuts, Rove cleared, Bush pops in to Iraq boosting morale of troops and Zarqawi sleeping with the fishes (or is it goats) courtesy of Task force 145. If the news keeps up like this, Bush’s poll #’s may indeed jump over 50%. It’s good to be the King!

Terlizzi999 on June 13, 2006 at 7:55 PM