Video: Ilario Pantano on “Today”

posted at 10:18 am on June 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

Ann Curry wants to know: did he desecrate the corpses of the two Iraqis he killed by putting a sign on their car reading, “No better friend, no worse enemy”? Enjoy.

Comments

Ann Couric, right? Looks and sounds that way.

clyde on June 12, 2006 at 10:25 AM

Desecrated bodies by putting a sign on a car?

Ms Curry, you’re a moron.

Pablo on June 12, 2006 at 10:34 AM

How obvious – how Ann Curry interrupts Mr. Pantano when she doesn’t like his answers.

Suzanne Fantasia on June 12, 2006 at 11:10 AM

She learned her trade from the best moron in the business, Ms. Katie Couric, now of CBS news. Don’t miss an episode.

clyde on June 12, 2006 at 11:11 AM

“Some people feel..” I’m so sick and tired of “some people” these Has Been Media types always refer to.

When is someone going to reply “Who are these “some people” you so called “journalists” are always quoting and where do they live? Or do these so called, “some people” only exist in your mind or on that piece of paper you are reading from?”

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on June 12, 2006 at 11:26 AM

Ann Curry will claim that she “misspoke” and really meant “desecrate the car.”

pjcomix on June 12, 2006 at 11:29 AM

Is it me or does a quality American make these media bimbos look even dumber than usual? Soon the MSM will be saying that killing terrorists is wrong because it hurts their feelings (or should I say, desecrates their feelings).

chetthepet on June 12, 2006 at 11:30 AM

“You’re talking too much sense, let’s get back to Haditha….”

World B. Free on June 12, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Love it. The phrase “no better friend no worse enemy” goes all the way back to the Knights of Templar! We need more like him….the msm talkshow hosts don’t do very well when references to history like that are made…sometimes it strikes me as though they’ve never picked up a book.

This was terrific.

Kudos to Pantano for marching on and god bless him and all our armed forces standing in harm’s way.

Cao on June 12, 2006 at 11:44 AM

Ann Curry is a disgrace and I too want to know who the nameless people are the MSM always uses to ask questions.

How about; Some people feel=Ann Curry

Nice try Ann you seditious bitch

ScottyDog on June 12, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Ann Curry is a classic example of so many Americans that have completely lost touch with reality from living too easy for too long. A few days in one of Saddam’s rape rooms might have woken her up to what real meanness is all about. She could think of it as Tough Love for her Soft Brain.

Shmo on June 12, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Ann Curry is just one more clone of the military hating media. The simple purpose of her leading loaded questions were to discredit a hero, Ilario Pantano. Semper fi, Ilario.

docdave on June 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM

I will refrain from using this as a forum for spewing the invective at Ann Curry that she is so deserving of. My contempt for her runneth over.

thirteen28 on June 12, 2006 at 12:55 PM

I say we put Ann Curried and Ann Coulter in a room, and you know, see what happens….

shooter on June 12, 2006 at 12:56 PM

And I’ll ask once again: when and where is this guy running for office – and where do I cast my ballot?

He is the prototype for the ideal conservative candidate of the future. A Republican JFK. A real live gunslinger. I want to vote him for him. Soon.

And if I ever get a tattoo, it’s going to be an American Flag with the phrase “no better friend, no worse enemy written underneath …”

Professor Blather on June 12, 2006 at 1:25 PM

This guy is great. I love his composure during this and the Vent video clip. (BTW: Great job on that one, Bryan!) I’m amazed at the way this woman tries to shame Pantano. Pantano knows who he is, has self confidence, pride and respect and this shrill talking head is challenging him for his satisfaction in doing a job well and being an enemy the terrorists fear. (He and other Marines.) I felt frustrated for him, but enjoyed watching his face look at her with utter confusion that she didn’t “get it.” I’d like to see more interviews with him.

Leiren on June 12, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Prof Blather – I’m with you, let’s hope he runs for something someday.

I would proudly vote for him, send him contributions, and pound the sidewalk to get him elected.

By the way, all the Marines I met at Fleet Week and elsewhere are SHINING EXAMPLES of men who aspire to a higher standard – they truly are OUR GREATEST PATRIOTS.

Richard Davis on June 12, 2006 at 1:59 PM

“No better friend no worse enemy.” Ms Curry you are the enemy, you are a FOOL. This guy Pantano is great. I am going to buy his book this week.

birdman on June 12, 2006 at 2:15 PM

Hey Ann, are all those stammers, stutters, and stumbles written into the script you’re reading or does his searing intellect make you so hot you can’t speak properly?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on June 12, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Typical of ummmmBC….clueless idiot reporter, interviewing someone whose intellect clearly intimidates the reporter, and the interviewer consistently interrupts and attempts to engineer the conversation toward their own ends and gets blown out of the water.
Ann, you should have taken notes from the Matt Lauer interview of Ann Coulter

webproze on June 12, 2006 at 2:25 PM

I love this guy. He keeps his composure even while Ann Curry tries her best to place words in his mouth and look like an idiot. It backfires and makes her look like the {f|t}ool she really is.

CrazyFool on June 12, 2006 at 2:29 PM

It leaves me wondering: just where does the average MSM reporter fall on the bell curve? Whatever that range may be, it is safe to say Ms. Curry’s place is to the far left side of it. Very far left…

kdaddy on June 12, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Shmo on June 12, 2006 at 12:46 PM wrote:

“Ann Curry is a classic example of so many Americans that have completely lost touch with reality from living too easy for too long.”

Shmo, you hit the nail right on the head. Most people living in the civilized/westernized world have no concept of the barbarian capabilities of men. They have no realization that civilizations have been torturing and killing each other for resources or over theology since the beginning of time.

brtex on June 12, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Ann is just reporting what she thinks her viewers want to hear. And least the few viewers who actually watch her show.

Lawrence on June 12, 2006 at 3:40 PM

Ann Curry has removed all doubt – she has no class, is ashamed of America, and showed total disrespect towards Lt Pantano and all our Marines.

CURRY IS A BONAFIDE ASS!

Curry is typical of Liberals who say anything that will get our troops killed.

Richard Davis on June 12, 2006 at 3:51 PM

So much for the MSM’s support for our troops – as if we didn’t know that already.

dman on June 12, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Commodities Trader – Goldman Sacks

Marine – 2 wars……

Level eye for idiocy….

Nope, sorry, doesn’t fit the “mold” for a politician….

I’d vote for him, though, if he moved to Georgia….

DanM on June 12, 2006 at 3:55 PM

It’s not surprising that Ann Curry couldn’t get her story straight. She can’t even get the part in her hair straight!!

BigOrangeAxe on June 12, 2006 at 4:23 PM

No better friend, no worse enemy.
“Some people disagree…”
Let’s consider what disagreement with that statement means. It means that we would be neutral or enemies to people who are seeking economic or political freedom. It means that would would be friends to tyrants and dictators. We would ignore women who seek equality, literacy, and voting rights. We should be friends with the mullahs and ideologs who would take us back to the 12th century instead of leading us to the 21st.
My only regret? Pantano isn’t from California. I would LOVE to see him run agianst Boxer or Feinstein.

mkstach on June 12, 2006 at 4:24 PM

I loved the part where he says “I fought for their right to disagree, it’s perfectly appropriate”
This marine is a perfect example of what is right with the corp.

Don’t be too hard on Curry, She can not help it. Besides, the brightest star can not be seen in the daylight. We need the darkness of the MSM to point out the best of us. Not because MSM says they are, but because their shining example is their in the MSM’s dark.

Wyrd on June 12, 2006 at 5:43 PM

I feel like one of the people in King’s “The Stand” that didn’t get sick and die. I can’t see how people can’t get it. I can never approach the level of humanity these soldiers exude.

tomas on June 12, 2006 at 5:55 PM

NBC Today has a new Katie Couric in the making. I use to think Ann Curry was smart thanks for letting me down Ann!

How soon till John Murtha attacks this former Marine? 5.4.3.2.1?

Brah on June 12, 2006 at 6:45 PM

BigOrangeAxe–

I noticed her crooked hair, too! IMHO, it is a dead giveaway that when such a person opens his/her mouth, the words that come out will not make any sense.

Melba Toast on June 12, 2006 at 8:26 PM

Refreshing to see that LT. Pantano still lives by the general orders of the Marine sentry, in this particular case, the 11th. Semper Fidelis.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 13, 2006 at 8:37 AM

Yeah Ann, let’s forget that only a few days before the sign was put on the car 4 Americans were killed, set on fire and hung from the bridge…..but we should worry about their feelings….ha, ha…..

robo on June 13, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Oh brother! I’ll join the chorus of people asking who are these “some people” the MSM trots out at every opportunity. I’ve never met them.

And Lt. Pantano, you are the best. God bless you.

Ellen on June 14, 2006 at 5:29 AM

Murtha, I served with Marines. I knew Marines. Marines are friends of mine. Murtha , you’re no Marine.

Wade on June 14, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Funny that this issue was a “hot potato” for the press while Pantano was in the brig, being treated worse than suspected terrorists.

Michael Savage and his listeners helped pay for the legal team that won Pantano’s freedom. Now all of a sudden everyone wants to hear about his story.

http://www.michaelsavage.com is putting $5 of every Political Zoo book sold toward the legal team for the Haditha Marines. Go support the troops!

NTWR on June 14, 2006 at 1:50 PM

Murtha is a MINO (Marine in name only) and Ann Curry is a putrid pimp for the MSM!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on June 14, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Oh man. Ann, Ann, Ann…..you are a gorgeous babe. Unfortunately, you’re a self righteous, brainwashed moron.

Too bad.

Metro on June 15, 2006 at 2:57 PM

LT Pantano – You are the reincarnation of Patton…

You are indeed, a true WARLORD.

If you ever decide to wage holy war on the Islamofacists, I’m in.

Swift, brutal, violent death to the jihadists.

Richard Davis on June 16, 2006 at 2:38 PM

This was one of the most scizophrenia-inducing moments I’ve ever seen on the MSM. I tuned into the Today show strictly for the Pantano segment; the combination of moonbat eccentricity/idiocy from Ann, coupled with the proud patriotism and military intellect of Pantano — well, it just about short-circuited my central nervous system.

Opposites aren’t supposed to combine like this without annihilating each other — right?

gryphon202 on June 16, 2006 at 7:56 PM