Video: The airstrike remix

posted at 1:44 pm on June 8, 2006 by Allahpundit

Dedicated to all the brothers and sisters at Yearly Kos, who I know would enjoy this little bit of triumphalism as much as I do.

Update: Fox News(!) poses the dopey question of the day:

celebrate.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

hah! I like this one even better!

Kevin M on June 8, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Gee, I just love the ability to gloat every once in awhile! Thanks!

Chappy on June 8, 2006 at 1:57 PM

Love it!!!

kas on June 8, 2006 at 1:58 PM

Aren’t the Beastie Boys Communists? Isn’t there a Toby Keith or Charlie Daniels song you could have used? My conservative sensibilities are offended!

mxmat2 on June 8, 2006 at 1:58 PM

Very cool.
I love the clips and how it all matches the bombs!
I just wish the Beastie Boys weren’t such anti-Bush, anti-military, liberal tools.
Of course they had to go all political after I had already purchased their box set. Jerks. Shut up and sing!

NTWR on June 8, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Great little znippit!!!!!
Keep ‘em coming.

Kramer on June 8, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Ha! mxmat2, we were both offended simultaneously!

NTWR on June 8, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Ha! Excellent!

skwired on June 8, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Well done.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 8, 2006 at 2:08 PM

OWNED! Nice addition with the music… I was really hoping the original video would have some sound not that I could have heard the whistle of the bombs through the air or the OH SHI- KABOOOOOOM from Z-man as he realized what was coming. But darnit I would have watched it a thousand times trying to hear it.

Concerned Student on June 8, 2006 at 2:17 PM

Queen’s “Hammer to Fall” would have worked nicely as well. Nice mix tho.

journeyscarab on June 8, 2006 at 2:26 PM

It’s da bomb.

JammieWearingFool on June 8, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Great work!

I enjoyed the irony of using the Beastie Boys since they’re another group of celebrities who think their fame substitutes for rational analysis prior to espousing a political view.

Any way to get a download version?

Jason

Jason on June 8, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Zarqawi, We hardly knew Ye.

pjcomix on June 8, 2006 at 2:29 PM

SUH-WEET

venmax on June 8, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Ahhhhh! Cool.. but you forgot the 2nd explosion that was towards the end of the original video!

Rudeseal on June 8, 2006 at 2:35 PM

What a blast!

Lady Heather on June 8, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Best Zarqawi video yet.

tommuck on June 8, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Rock on… one down, a few more to go.

E L Frederick on June 8, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Woo-Hoo!

Zarqawi blows.

speed647 on June 8, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Awesome remix, Allah. Great view you have from up there in Islamoheaven. I also approve of your choice of beautiful Virgins to greet him in paradise . Three down, 69 to go! (Heh, I said “69.”)

wordwarp on June 8, 2006 at 2:52 PM

He He He He He He

budugirl on June 8, 2006 at 2:56 PM

I’m blind from looking at his virgins
someone help me pleaseeee!

Defector01 on June 8, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Hmmmm, I’ll take a quick stab at trying to answer the Fox News question.

Now most of the time this question comes up, some Moonbat is trying to score some cheap point. “What, you support the war in Iraq? WHAT SORT OF CHRISTIAN ARE YOU!!!!????”

Sorry moonbats, supporting the war on terror does not mean taking unholy glee in every death that occurs. But unfortunately, war means killing. It can’t be avoided. So we try to make sure that when we go to war, it is for a cause that is worthy of the sacrifices. But let me try to address the Christian theology aspect.

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s

(Matthew 22:15-22 NKJV)

The response of Jesus when his enemies tried to trap him by asking whether it was right for the Jews, whose nation had been taken over by the Roman Empire, to pay tribute to the Roman emperor. He took a Roman coin that would be used to pay the tribute and asked whose picture was on it; his questioners answered, “Caesar’s.” The reply of Jesus implied that in using Roman coins, the Jews accepted the rule of the Romans, and so the Roman government had the right to tax them, as long as the Jews were not compromising their religious duties. Jesus’ more general point was, “Give to worldly authorities the things that belong to them, and to God what belongs to God.”

Basically, I take this as meaning that in a theological sense, even though the Christianity comes down strongly against killing, it also recognizes that we do live in the real world, not God’s Kingdom, and that unfortunately, sometimes we have to do things like this to survive.

So although we do not celebrate the death of Zarqawi as being a spiritual triumph, or celebrate it as a Christian or holy thing, we can celebrate it in a non-theological way, as something that brings justice and peace to the land.

So in conclusion, do I celebrate Zarqawi’s death as a Christian? No, I do not. However, as an American, and as a moral being, I celebrate his death as making life safer for Iraqis and American in Iraq.

Just my two cents. Remember, I am not a theologian, so if there are any glaring flaws in this, please be merciful… ;-)

EFG on June 8, 2006 at 3:08 PM

And as an American, let me just say…

Great video and a great soundtrack!!!

EFG on June 8, 2006 at 3:09 PM

Awesome video!

BelchSpeak on June 8, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Is it unethical to celebrate this idiots’ death? As unethical as they were, jumping up and down and yelling and clapping and grinning and celebrating when the planes flew into the Twin Towers. I seem to remember a bunch of Iraquis celebrating the crash and death of soldiers aboard a military helicopter somewhere around Baghdad recently too. No one asked THEM if it was “unethical”. Dumbest question of the day, undoubtedly.

clyde on June 8, 2006 at 3:25 PM

All of you asking about ethical questions need to go to http://www.michaelsavage.com and watch the video of the Nick Berg being beheaded by Zarq. Then talk about ethics.

NTWR on June 8, 2006 at 3:35 PM

Someone had it marked as adult, 18 or over content, so it won’t play unless you’re logged in.

gultig on June 8, 2006 at 3:46 PM

My comment above applies to the youtube.com video.

gultig on June 8, 2006 at 3:52 PM

What is really unethical is not showing the videos of the World Trade Towers being attacked, or the beheadings in Iraq. The excuse “people will get upset”, damm straight; people should get upset. We must be sensitive to our enemys, bull s@#$. Today is not a good day for the libs.

birdman on June 8, 2006 at 3:56 PM

That was Boombastic Fantastic! Sent links to all my friends.

pistolero on June 8, 2006 at 4:05 PM

As Dr. Who would say, Fantastic!

On the ethics question I believe only a correction can answer this properly…

Is it unethical for democrats to grieve from the passing of the torturing terrorist Al-Zarqawi who is responsible for the deaths of so many Americans?

Real Americans might find the answer to be obvious, but liberals would rant out their replies as they grieve. ;o)

DannoJyd on June 8, 2006 at 4:08 PM

I’m blown away!

BirdEye on June 8, 2006 at 4:23 PM

“Those laser bombs are breakin’ up that old gang of mine.”
Getting lonely, Osama? You’re next.

Crude One on June 8, 2006 at 4:37 PM

YaYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

CmmnSns on June 8, 2006 at 5:22 PM

Would only be better with the soundtrack being “Click, Click, Boom”

scott on June 8, 2006 at 5:29 PM

I can’t understand why this is behind the “over 18″ wall on Youtube. Maybe there were some naughty words in the song?

TBinSTL on June 8, 2006 at 6:41 PM

it may not be unethical, but it’s most certainly unchristian. i’ll pray for all of your souls.

sgtjivanelli on June 8, 2006 at 7:06 PM

NTWR, i get it now. we’re better than those who behead innocent people. way to lower the bar.

sgtjivanelli on June 8, 2006 at 7:08 PM

Knocked out, I am.

doingwhatican on June 8, 2006 at 7:10 PM

It’s un-Christian to be deliriously happy when evil is vanquished?

When justice is done? When thousands of innocents are spared?

Hmmm. I must not have that edition of the Bible! :)

Professor Blather on June 8, 2006 at 7:38 PM

I agree with some of the posters above – how about a Toby Kieth re-mix?

The video opens …

“Justice will be served
and the battle will rage

(homing in on Zarqnobodies house via F-16)

This big dog will fight
if you rattle his cage

(shot of the burning WTC)

You’ll be sorry that you messed with
the US of A

(shot of George Bush speaking on that pile of rubble; shot of Pat Tillman’s face; shot of Rangers piling out of C-130;s)

(Now back to that shot of Zarqwho’s house ….)

We’ll put a BOOT (timed with the BOOM) in your ass, it’s the American way …..

Er, something like that.

Professor Blather on June 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM

GREAT!!!!!!!!! Thanks AP!! BAM indeed! *hahaha* BAM!

labwrs on June 8, 2006 at 7:48 PM

Hey sgtjivanelli,

Matt 7:5

You’re looking pretty foolish with that extra lumber.

speed647 on June 8, 2006 at 7:49 PM

sgtjivanelli: ECCLESIASTES; Chapter 3, Verse 3, A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; Verse 8, A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

birdman on June 8, 2006 at 8:07 PM

i’m still praying for all your souls. jesus is weeping.

sgtjivanelli on June 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM

Proverbs 11:10 (NIV)

When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices;
when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy.

It’s OKAY to rejoice in the death of a wicked man. Relax!

For the music I would recommend Paul McCartney’s “Live and Let Die”. Play the slow part in the beginning showing pictures of Zarqawi. Then, the first time Paul sings … to live and let die… have the bomb hit with the strong orchestral “hit.” Perfect.

Mojave Mark on June 8, 2006 at 9:42 PM

Three more beautiful virgins have joined Zarqawi’s heavenly orgy for a total of six women to die for, and that’s just today! He’ll wish he had been killed everyday. Just like we did.

wordwarp on June 8, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Don’t fall for it people. The site pest sgtjivanelli is a moonbat from the Daily Kos or DU who only pretends to be Christian so he can lecture others but probably thinks Robert Mapplethorpe was a great artist.

thirteen28 on June 8, 2006 at 10:33 PM