Today’s the day for Katie

posted at 1:18 am on May 31, 2006 by Allahpundit

The era of forced smiles is over, the era of furrowed brows soon to begin. Our affiliate, Ian Schwartz of Expose the Left, looks back in anger. Click the image to watch.

katie-pigeons.jpg

Update: Distressing.

Update: Liberal to the last drop.

Update: No surprise here.

Comments

Ick. I know it’s not right, but I just want to fight her. I think I’d win.

violet on May 31, 2006 at 2:22 AM

Violet,

I’d pay to watch you wipe the floor with katie. Just make sure you get her in a good headlock and give her a “noogie” for me!

And for those not from the NY area:

Bob Mileti on May 31, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Today is not only the day for Katie but it is also my birthday and my birthday present is that it is the LAST day I have to watch Katie in the AM. The latest edition of the DUmmie FUnnies discusses Katie and how she and the drive by media are already cheerleading the “inevitable” Democrat victory this November:

pjcomix on May 31, 2006 at 7:04 AM

Katie is the best advertisment ever NOT go to the University of Virginia.

clyde on May 31, 2006 at 7:42 AM

My best hope for her is that she fails in her new position and lives forever in ignominy.

solitas on May 31, 2006 at 8:32 AM

I heard about her. I never watched her. I don’t care about her and her shows. It’s too much about nothing.

And that’s my word.

CatholicConservative on May 31, 2006 at 8:54 AM

CatholicConservative, just envision Oprah light! or is that White?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 31, 2006 at 9:35 AM

I almost expect that sometime soon, with her CBS ratings flagging, we’ll see Katie look into the camera in all seriousness and sign off with a one-word closer in emulation of Dan Rather’s strangest moment: “Courage”.

“Compassion”

And it will probably come right after a story about some liberal activist feminists that were kindapped and killed by the very Islamic extremists they went to stoneageistan to “help.”

kdaddy on May 31, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Is that you up there, Gibson?

Melba Toast on May 31, 2006 at 9:45 AM

I never watched Oprah either, seriously, I’m not joking.

I saw both women on the news, that’s all.

So, I don’t understand what’s the fuss about both women. They never changed the way I live and never will. They have no influence whatsoever on me or on the country.

Both belong to a Hollywood culture that I reject: Shallow minds for shallow audience.

CatholicConservative on May 31, 2006 at 9:53 AM

KC’s reporting and opinions routinely make me gag and her occasional use of those “Smart” glasses is so transparently contrived that I can’t believe anyone finds her reporting credible. (Any bets that she’ll bring them to CBS?)

Having said that, her efforts in fighting colon cancer have been terrific and admirable. Her personal loss from the disease is tragic. I don’t envy her.

Although I’m no regular viewer of the Today Show there was an unmistakable “cattiness” where she occasionally bickered with her co-hosts on camera, in the nicest possible way of course. I’ll miss it, though I’m sure Lauer won’t.

DuffBeer on May 31, 2006 at 9:55 AM

She’s important because she’s on TV
She’s on TV because she’s important.
Makes no sense to me, but as Television has to hype Hype HYPE
their “*stars*” to capture our interest, this illogic leads to the Courics and Rathers getting way too much money to read a teleprompter. And interview other “*stars*”, asking inane questions. I am willing to bet that Couric has at least once looked into a mirror and interviewed herself.

Doug on May 31, 2006 at 10:00 AM

Not watching Oprah and Couric? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!

My gosh, one woman is a future Mother Teresa and the other is the future of the Liberal Universe!

When CBS’s rating goes into the cesspool you will hear the liberals chanting ” Oprah and Katie for 2012!”.

No kidding.

Easy87us

easy87us on May 31, 2006 at 10:05 AM

“So, I don’t understand what’s the fuss about both women.”

Neither does any other independent thinker!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 31, 2006 at 10:17 AM

“Independent Thinker”

Thank you. You described what I am.

I wanted to call myself here, on HotAir:

CatholicIndependentConservative.

But I found that this nickname is too long.

CatholicConservative on May 31, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Do I care?

ForYourEdification on May 31, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Who is Katie Couric?

JammieWearingFool on May 31, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Bye Katie, someone will miss you. ~B

Brian on May 31, 2006 at 10:34 AM

Unfortunately CiC, the greater question to ALLAH-pundit remains. Why does this article even deserve space on HotAir? What’s next; Angelina & Brad elected Queen and King of Namibia?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 31, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Katie who?

birdman on May 31, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Frankly, watching the video, I was hoping that the birds would peck her eyes out and crap on her head.

I know such an attitude is “uncharitable,” but I don’t give a damn. I despise her and her values, and the transparent attempt to transform a bloviating liberal, who is an intellectual light weight, into an “opinion maker” digusts me.

With all due respect to the squeamish among us, the best part of Couric was her televised “Colonic Tour.” Let’s face it, like all liberals, she’s an a**hole — and we actually got to see the proof!

I will *NOT* be viewing the CBS evening news.

georgej on May 31, 2006 at 12:45 PM

1st – we all have more pressing issues (beginning with the need to sort my sock drawer) than what KC is up to – could not care less if I tried.

2nd – altho someone somewhere wept over her departure today, it wasn’t me – has no effect on my life other than to absolutely guarantee that I will continue not watching CBS for news.

3rd – we need to concentrate our efforts out here in the ether to holding our senators accountable for the garbage of amnesty bill they passed on to the house & are even now pressing the house reps to pass.

Altho this KC fluff is amusing for a second, that time has passed & it’s now time to get back to the realities of life in the real world. And it isn’t the one dominated by the KC & hollywood & liberal crowd.

REAL world here.

blueskieswoman on May 31, 2006 at 12:56 PM

I have heard that Katie and Oprah are the same person with different makeup.

My idea of Hell is being stuck at the auto repair waiting room with Katie on the overhead and the mechanic comes in and says it’s going to be at least two hours. Then the lady with the remote announces that Oprah is on right after Katie, in a two hour special about unwed mothers.

The thought of the inane clucking of such biddie hens grates on me like fingernails on the blackboard. Their feelings have been examined and magnified and turned inside out so much I can see their entrails clearly in the morning light.

If you believe in evolution, how did this ever happen?

entagor on May 31, 2006 at 1:01 PM

Buh-Bye

So long Katie; I never knew ye.

dbdiva on May 31, 2006 at 1:05 PM

I’ll only watch CBS if she reads the news topless.

speed647 on May 31, 2006 at 1:33 PM

I almost barfed when I accidentally flipped to that show. Ugh.

NTWR on May 31, 2006 at 1:34 PM

I will never understand why anyone at CBS could take a look at Katie, even in her “intelligent” glasses, and imagine that she would buoy the Evening News out of the pit that it’s in.

Even among Liberals, she’s a Lightweight, and that’s after comparing her to the likes of Al Roker and the gang on ‘The View’

heldmyw on May 31, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Read about her departure on another blog. Does anyone care where this hag winds up. She gets paid gazillions to be an ugly leftie. Who cares where she goes…just go. SHEESH!!!

Sandys Beach on May 31, 2006 at 4:14 PM

I wish Smirky Perky Katie Corrupt would just slither away like the snake she is. I hated how she treated George H.W. and Barbara Bush. I hope she is the final nail in the coffin of network news.

She’s an absolute phony and I don’t like nor trust phony people.

doingwhatican on May 31, 2006 at 6:34 PM

I wouldn’t kick her out of bed…unless she spoke.

Crude One on May 31, 2006 at 7:10 PM

Last time there was a couric thread on here and everyone who posted (including yours truly) had some really cherce and very clever, funny things to say about her (like today), some holierthanthou type came on board and told us all not to resort to “ad hominem” attacks on poor sweet katie. You know, “I’m sooooo much nicer than you all are…” Oh please!

BeeCharmer on May 31, 2006 at 8:14 PM

When Katie Couric tries to look serious she has the worst dead dog look on her face. She looks like there is an earth quake of 11.0 that just took out the entire liberal community in SanFrancisco.

I swear to you that this is the reason I never watch her. I hate her look. She could ruin my day with her look. When she smiles she looks like she can use a face lift. But she looks serious she is a black hole.

FOX still has the best looking woman reporters. They dress right. They have the brightest smile on their face. They bring in the sun shine and brighten my day.

Katie “dead dog” Couric…..

Oh, you don’t believe me? Watch her yourself.

Easy87us

easy87us on May 31, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Today’s my birthday, and I received a Gibson, Les Paul.

Katie is in the real world now. This should be fun for the short time that she lasts.

Hening on May 31, 2006 at 11:40 PM

Katie Couric…the ultimate Liberal Princess living in the ivory tower.

She never was fair. She has a lot to learn from us conservatives. She should watch how we went after Bush on the nomination of Harriet Mier, the port deal, and the amnesty bill. She would never, and will never, be able to go after a Democrat even if he or she has done the worst crime in the world…like…profaning the oval office with a cigar.

Learn, Katie, learn now. See how superior conservatives defend only principles not people. See how fair we are.

Hastert may be an old fool, but at least he made a stand for a…ouch…Democrat.

You will never reach our level of fairness. None of you liberals will.

Easy87us

easy87us on June 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM

Crude One on May 31, 2006 at 7:10 PM said:

I wouldn’t kick her out of bed…unless she spoke.

See who her best friend is? Why would she bunk with you?

solitas on June 1, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Remember the weekend we found Sadam hiding in his hole? I can’t remember if it was on a Saturday or a Sunday but on Monday morning it was the #1 news story in the world. At that time Howard Dean was the Democratic front runner for president. At 7:05 Monday morning Katie Couric’s exact words regarding the capture of Sadam were and I quote “I wonder how this will affect Howard Dean?”

I’m sure there are others with even more egregious “Couricisms” but that one stuck in my mind. She said nothing positive about Sadam’s capture or cudos to our troops. Her biggest fear was a decline in the polls for Dean. Fortunately he took care of that all by himself.

repvoter on June 1, 2006 at 4:50 PM

I met her once. Nice enough, very petite, but really, such a fuss over someone whose main accomplishment is the ability to get up really, really early!!!

honora on June 2, 2006 at 2:24 PM