Time: if you oppose illegal immigration, you might be a Nazi

posted at 11:22 am on May 30, 2006 by Allahpundit

Or a Klansman, or maybe even a member of the Minutemen. And to think Kaus thought the media was going to line up with the Senate against the House. You’re too young to be so cynical, Mickey.

A quick check of the Time archives reveals no mentions whatsoever of “MEChA,” let alone the fact that the lieutenant governor of California and the mayor of Los Angeles once belonged to the organization. If you can find any, let me know and I’ll update here.

Meanwhile, it’s a very special edition of Newsweek as Evan Thomas and company spin a heartwarming tale of love and laughter inside the White House. Who knew that immigrants can be perfectly nice, hardworking people? Erase those borders pronto!

Comments

And if you oppose TIME, you might be a Nazi too…

clyde on May 30, 2006 at 11:37 AM

I recalled several black groups in California are against the amnesty bill too. One of those groups is formed by the homeless people.

May be Times need to do more research.

Easy87us

easy87us on May 30, 2006 at 11:46 AM

In the Citizenship ceremony, isn’t it customary to pledge to respect and obey the laws of the United States? Maybe we should supply judges down to the border who can administer the oath from the back of a jeep, at 60 MPH as they chase a van full of illegals, all of whom raise their hands (I do swear…to honor and defend…)

Doug on May 30, 2006 at 11:54 AM

This is why the print media is becoming obsolete….

dallas94 on May 30, 2006 at 12:16 PM

I have been e-mailing letters all morning between Congressmen and Senators about “illegals.” We cannot turn down the heat on this issue. Full steam ahead.

donna on May 30, 2006 at 12:21 PM

I believe this is the defining issue of our time. Who really thougt that this could happen way back in 2000, when GWB won the election. A conservative president and control of congress. I thought we had been delivered. We were. Right into the hands of GREED and POWER.

Will this be the next revolution? I hope it doesn’t come to that. This issue is the real deal.

robman27 on May 30, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Time Magazine Caption:

We are for illegal aliens and illegal immigration. We need our lawns cut more than ever.

Asmodeus on May 30, 2006 at 12:37 PM

The racist (La Raza, etc) and communist influence on the mass immigration movement is deep and significant, white power groups are an irrelevant fringe.

So naturally the former is an unfair representation of what is essentially a few people coming here to do the jobs Americans won’t do, whereas the latter is the true face Sensenbrenner and co. once the cameras are off.

Alex K on May 30, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Robman- I would welcome a good ole American revolution. The American middle class has had enough.

donna on May 30, 2006 at 1:03 PM

Donna – I’ve been eMailing everyone as well. However I’m thinking it’s an exercise in futility. They’re going to do what they want, the voters be damned.
On a related note I saw some Gallup poll numbers on Fox oever the weekend which indicated that 61% of the respondents were in favor of the Senate bill. I know they play fast and loose with the way they frame questions but I can hardly believe that 61% are in favor of this thing. I don’t remember if they mentioned how many people were polled.

Other thoughts out there….?

dbdiva on May 30, 2006 at 1:05 PM

I like the idea of “motorized judges” administering the oath of allegiance to illegals at 60 MPH on the border. HAHAH

Maybe the judge will have several bugs fly in his mouth as he opens it to administer the oath, in Spanish, of course.

clyde on May 30, 2006 at 1:16 PM

I understand that politics is politics and most of us don’t really care about what they (Washingtonians) are doing as long as it doesn’t hit us in the pocket. We understand the BS two-party system, is a reality no matter how much it sucks. This issue, however, has the potential to change the way our country looks forever. The United States being sold out for cheap labor and political power.

People aren’t going to sit and watch their children’s future being flushed down the toilet by Spector and McCain. American’s have a responsibility and duty to defend their nation’s sovereignty. I don’t want war in the streets, but I’m afraid it’s coming.

Unless I missed it, there was already a call to revolution in the streets when the illegals were making their demands. What’s next? God only knows.

robman27 on May 30, 2006 at 1:20 PM

I am willing to fight for my country!!!!
One more protest and heads are gonna roll.

Kramer on May 30, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Donna,
Not that I am advocating an armed revolt (at least not on an open message blog where my contact info and IP are listed)…
I know it is illeagle to plan the over throw of the United States Government, but is it against the law to restore the constitution? Once the Government has grown to the point where their is no other recourse but to forcibly take it by armed conflict is something Thomas Jefferson had written about. Indeed, he states that in regards to the 2nd amendment all men should be armed, to protect themselves and the nation from dangers both within and without.

So here we stand. Our goverment has turned the constitution into waste paper. They defecate on it at least once a week.
Between Hastert and Jefferson saying that they are above the law, even though the constitution says that they are not, to GWB removing our borders, our politicans are proving time and again that the only thing they care about is personal power and a continuation of their own “royal” status. So what can we do? Try to vote them out? That will never work. The 2 party system is bloated with corruption. Vote out Mccain and Mccain Jr takes his place. Vote out Hastert or Murtha and who replaces them? More party clones who will only care about keeping themselves and their party in power.
We can vote libertarian or Green party, or even write in Michelles name, but the 2 party system will still prevail, and they will still run America into the ground for their personal fortunes.
I see my country being destroyed from internal and external forces and their seems to be nothing I can do, other then preach to the choir and send letters to the very people that are killing the country and ask them to “please stop”.

Wyrd on May 30, 2006 at 1:31 PM

I cannot believe that 61% poll either. I have come to realize that maybe Fox News is bought and sold by the Republican party. Watch Lou Dobbs on Cnn tonight. He has been in the forefront on immigration. Yes we are fighting for this country and I won’t give up e-mailing every Congressman I can. Press #1 for Spanish #2 for English.

donna on May 30, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Here’s cause for optimism. Did anyone else spy the story that the RNC is now considering adding opposition to “anchor babies” into the party’s platform? I saw that briefly on Drudge yesterday, thought at first it might be a flashback! All the funny money and bricks may be having an effect.

SSvet on May 30, 2006 at 1:41 PM

The appellations “Nazi” “Bigot” and “Racist” are used interchangeable by Politically correct practitioners to immonbilize or utterly destroy opponents. Politically correct shibboleths include “jobs most Americans are unwilling to do” and “we are all a nation of immigrants” and, consequently, any disagreement with these bizarre pious platitudes evoke the N(azi), B(igot) and R(acist) words. No surpise.

“Robert, someone is breaking into our house.”
“Ignore it, Helen, we don’t want to be called ‘Nazis.”
Metaphorically this is the way the President and Senate are handling illegal immigration.

MaiDee on May 30, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Viva gringos!!! They’re the ones that developed TV, telephones, airplanes, Computers, antibiotics, radio, electricity, and all the other things the hispanic world depends on every day. What record of achievement is it again they bring to the table?

Once we go third world, who will wipe their butts then?

Shmo on May 30, 2006 at 2:25 PM

I gave up on trying to deny I’m a “Nazi”, “bigot”, “racist” or any other such term. It’s impossible to prove otherwise so why fight it? I just agree with them and ask when it became illegal? It makes for at least a brief period of silence before the moonbats start screaming again. What are they going to do, take away my birthday??!!

SSvet on May 30, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Political correctness is intellectual fascism.

NTWR on May 30, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Illegal immigration is corporate servitude.

Rode Werk on May 30, 2006 at 2:34 PM

..dbdiva: I heard Mort Kondracke mention one or two polls on the Beltway Boys…Apprarently he thinks the opinions of 61% of 1006 (or so) people carry more weight than the opinions of millions of other people…He came out and said words to that effect, anyway…
..Incidentally, the way the question was framed on one of the polls was indeed slanted towards the left severely…The way it was written made it sound as if the Senate plan, if indeed approved, then everything in the plan would “magically” come to pass..Which, of course, would never happen…You know it, I know it, Mort knows it, the illegal aliens know it and the whole world knows it..It could never be administrated properly and it would not be enforced…It is blatanly folly…It has been a waste of the Senate’s time..And ours…

Ben Here on May 30, 2006 at 2:40 PM

Suggested sister publications for Time Magazine:
1) Pravda (Russia)
2) New York Times (United States of Mexico)
3) Corriere di Caracas (Venezuela)
4) Kabul Press (Afghanistan)
5) Al-Hayat Al-Jadedah (Palestine)

Source: http://www.kidon.com/media-link/index.php

I am a retired journalist. When I wrote my opinion columns, especially regarding Mexico, Mexicans, or immigration, liberal-minded readers routinely ‘attacked’ my writings as “racist” or “bigoted.” The solution was simple: I came back the following week, twice as hard! After several attempts, the determined liberals realized that all they got for their efforts was more of the same, albeit turned up several notches.

Ditto Time and the rest of the liberal (m)asses.

The more they hurl the “R” word, the more you should continue — because obviously, it means that you got to them!

Do not allow liberals to stifle the truth by bleating lies.

ForYourEdification on May 30, 2006 at 3:34 PM

If you support illegal immigration, you might be a traitor.

tommy1 on May 30, 2006 at 3:39 PM

FYE,

Sorry, no pairing up with Pravda.

The LA Times is already nicknamed “Pravda West.”

tommy1 on May 30, 2006 at 3:40 PM

The only time I’ve even looked at a TIME magazine in the lasty twenty years was at the doctors office. Now I know why.

Maybe conservatives can protest and destroy their offices and threaten to kill the editors like muslims do. Then they’d think we’re cool and like us.

darwin on May 30, 2006 at 3:42 PM

E-MAILING MY SENATORS/HOUSE MEMBERS

I live in the Republic of California. LaLa Land, where Political Correctness reaches new levels beyond the imagination of all America. We have more nut groups than all other states combined. My Reps are the nuttiest. California will proably be the first of officially fly Mexico’s flag at the Capital. I have no hope for us. I love this state, born here, hope to die here…but what is here? Will it be United States Of America? Who the hell knows.

SparkyFD on May 30, 2006 at 4:01 PM

I collect the time issues for “man/woman/etc of the year”, they might be worth something, ya never know

I’m glad I’m not a liberal anymore

Defector01 on May 30, 2006 at 4:04 PM

If you work for, write for, read TIME magazine, you are probably a communist.

LurP on May 30, 2006 at 4:20 PM

SSvet, “anchor baby” reform should be in the current bill, not the platform. The Republicans have the power to do it NOW. They just don’t have the spine.

Spank the Senate, hold the House.

dman on May 30, 2006 at 4:22 PM

We’re not talking supremecy here, just survival.

dman on May 30, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Spank the Senate, hold the House.

dman on May 30, 2006 at 4:22 PM

Agreed, but with the idiot politicians we deal with (both Democratic & Republican)I consider any bit of common sense a source of hope.

SSvet on May 30, 2006 at 5:30 PM

darwin is absolutely correct about Time Magazine only being seen in a “doctor’s office.”

A PROCTOLOGISTS’S office!

ForYourEdification on May 30, 2006 at 5:40 PM

It’s working – Send a Brick to your Reps/Sens:

The media (little by little can’t ignore the impact)

Entelechy on May 30, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Well, if thats so then “Zeig Heil!” because I most strenuously oppose illegal aliens.

Rowane on May 30, 2006 at 8:12 PM

AMERICA UNDER SEIGE: The Crippling Consequences of Illegal Immigration

The article above is probably the best I have ever read regarding Illegal Immigration. Read through the hard working Illegals interviews in this piece and tell me if this is what the kind of people we want to become citizens.What is happening in Chandler, AZ is what has happened in So Calif.

How come Time NYT and the rest of the MSM never do articles like this?

ScottyDog on May 30, 2006 at 8:18 PM

It turns out that the Senate is going to get tough on immigration, after all!

Of course, when I say tough, I mean they are taking a strong stand against immigration enforcement. That’s right! They are taking a stand (against enforcement):

…fines of up to $10K for immigration officers who dare to use evidence that aliens have committed fraud in immigration applications to disbar them from citizenship…

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Read this article. Truly outrageous:

tommy1 on May 30, 2006 at 11:23 PM

So be it! Where do I pick up my brown shirt, my torch, and what time’s the rally!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 31, 2006 at 2:00 PM