Let the healing begin

posted at 10:34 am on May 22, 2006 by Allahpundit

He’s back.

Gore.jpg

The Times says not only might Gore throw his hat in the ring, but we may be staring at a second helping of Waffles, too. Imagine, if you will, a Democratic primary debate in which Hillary Clinton is the livewire. Edwards says he might run, too, although it depends upon his wife’s health and whether the Republican nominee has any gay relatives he can bait. The Thinker is thinking legacy.

Meanwhile, Opinion Journal runs down the Freshmaker‘s strong showing against Lieberman in the Connecticut primary. Bloomberg had a sneak preview on Friday; note the quote from Ed Kilgore at the DLC about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If you want to know why this is happening — well, we know why it’s happening, but if you want to see it quantified — note this poll from Pew. You simply can’t be a mainstream Democrat if you supported the decision to go to war in Iraq. Unless, of course, you’re Al Gore.

Comments

This fool has made a big separation with his count over and over and over of ballots. He has made a total fool of himself since. Maybe he can have a run off with Kerry. That would be real Saturday Night Live material.

Wade on May 22, 2006 at 10:39 AM

Hey! I just stumbled across a leftover chad in my yard. Should I send it to Al?

It has some mustard on it…

clyde on May 22, 2006 at 10:55 AM

This would be great! I can’t wait for him to explain his toady speech to the Saudis.

Clark1 on May 22, 2006 at 11:16 AM

I LOVE IT! I hope he does run again.

The more he talks, the more air-time he gets, the better for US.

AL GORE is OUR BEST FRIEND, he motivates people to vote republican.

Richard Davis on May 22, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Al Gore is a very “fit” candidate for the Democratic Party. He truly represents their main stream liberal values.

I sincerely wish he wins the nomination. The least the Democratic Party can do is to be honest about their intentions and missions. It is so awefully embarrassing and sad to have a candidate who bears no resemblance of the party platform. Hillary Clinton is so phony that even her husband laughs at her platforms. Of course they would tell you her platforms are not really her missions because she is entitled to change her mind…LOL

Here is a great slogan for Al to use, for free…

“THE TRUE CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY….Former Vice President AL GORE”

Now that should secure his nomination.

Even Ralph Nader’s Green people would love him, along with Al Qeada, Black Panther, ACLU, International Amnesty, Chiraq, Vincente Fox, Putin, Wu, Castro, Cheva, and all those great international leaders( Carter’s friends, ya know)!

He could be the only candidate to truly claim that he has international and terrorist support! He is the giant on the international stage with his hot air platform on global warming.

Imagine the Dixie Chicks standing behind him and singing to the tune of ” I did it my way” when he accepts the nomination.

You gotta to like this guy.

Easy87us

easy87us on May 22, 2006 at 11:30 AM

And his campaign slogan will be what, “Because of Global Warming, if you don’t elect me, the world is toast”, or maybe “I am NOT mentally ill” would be better?

NRA4Freedom on May 22, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Look for a long line of Conservatives to promise to leave the country if this screaming lunatic runs. . .

But let’s remember, he invented the Internet!

ForYourEdification on May 22, 2006 at 11:49 AM

Conservatives running away from Al Gore? You gotta be kidding. WE LOVE HIM!

AL, WE LOVE YA!

How many times do we have to repeat it. WE LOVE AL!

Without Al Gore the world would explode in a ball of hot air! And we would not be here blogging!

Easy87us

easy87us on May 22, 2006 at 11:58 AM

Kerry, Gore, Edwards, Clinton, in a debate one word BORING. The same tired faces, the same doom and gloom. The have not one person in their party with any great vision, or anything new to add to the national debate.

birdman on May 22, 2006 at 12:21 PM

All this is well and good but, the Republicans need to run Tancredo and Arpaio, I don’t think either one can be called a RINO. They might just straighten up this illegal immigration mess.

Rowane on May 22, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Lemme see. Algore stated on a very cold January day that the World would be too hot to sustain life in 10 years, and today it looks as if he wants to watch that happen from the White House. I look forward to hearing him speak on his plans to raise our gas prices, mandate our transportation down to bicycles, and hug trees while he rides around in his limousines.

He can pick Howling Mad Howie Dean to be his running mate. Now that is entertainment!

DannoJyd on May 22, 2006 at 12:26 PM

I noticed Al’s pal Howard Dean on one of the news shows stated the Democrats would slow down the use of gasoline through ideas. One is obviously higher gas taxes. Democrats? Higher taxes? Who’d a thunk it…

clyde on May 22, 2006 at 12:34 PM

It’s hard to dispute the entertainment value another Algore run for the presidency. Oh please let this be true…I happen to think Kerry, Clinton, Gore and Edwards trying to out-lib each other in a debate would be great fun…this is going to be a blast!

canvas on May 22, 2006 at 12:38 PM

I would encourage Al Gore to run for the Presidential Nomination without any reservation period. Just think, besides the perpetual jokes about him “inventing” the internet returning, we can again watch Naomi Wolf teach him to be an “Alpha Male” as he dashes around the nation.

Snake307 on May 22, 2006 at 12:51 PM

I personally hope the ice caps do melt, because then I will have ocian front property and great view.

birdman on May 22, 2006 at 12:54 PM

I have a feeling that global warming isn’t going to be very high on the priority list of our Islamist masters.

I do admire Gore for inventing that hybrid-fuel jet he flew to Saudi Arabia to give that speech.

saint kansas on May 22, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Fox had a great special about Global Warning last night. It de-bunked the Gore ideas with…are you ready for this?…actual scientists who have studied climate for decades and are leading authorities as to weather(haw!) or not we are in danger from Global Warning. The concurred:No. It’s a made up “danger” being used to gain political power. The special looked into the Kyoto Treaty, which President Bush wisely rejected, and found that the signatory nations are suffering under the economic penalties for not reducing green gas emissions. Except Russia-which has such a large expanse of uncultivated non-industrialized land that they are making money hand over fist ‘selling’ credits to the countries in trouble. They make money for doing nothing and having a poor industrial landscape. Other countries lose money for having industry. Kyoto is the greatest boondoggle ever dreamt up. And who was chastising Bush during the last election for not even considering Kyoto? John Kerry. Democrats. Fools.

Doug on May 22, 2006 at 1:15 PM

“FIRST, (with very deep voice), I invented the Internet. NOW, (also with deep voice), I am saving YOU and the WORLD (with emphasis). I did SECURE (very deep voice) your Social Security in the LOCKBOX”.

“Hello, hello…where are you? Oh, you don’t care because you are dead now? I had no IDEA the jihadis had such a narrow VIEW and were so unsophisticated. How unnuanced of them not to notice my greatness. I am VERY SAD”

Entelechy on May 22, 2006 at 1:29 PM

One of my favorite talking form the Dems; “Bush dosn’t care about the ice caps melting he’s an oil an OIL MAN”.

birdman on May 22, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Al Gore is a lunatic and left wing nut.

At least with Al Gore, you know what you are getting. He’s stiff and weird but I think he believes his own BS rhetoric.

He is unlike GWB who acts like and tries to sound conservative. He is an embarrassment. He is a fake and has hurt this nation with his new world order attitude.

Maybe AL could help America by driving the Democrats all the way to the left and opening the door for a true conservative 3rd party candidate.

robman27 on May 22, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Gore-Dean’08 would be a blessing

Ropera on May 22, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Forget the war on terror. How about a war on yelling? man oh man. I’ve never seen a guy get so upset over an ice cube melting in a glass at all in my life.

Global warming…. nah…. sorry Al. I still don’t get it.

johnnyU on May 22, 2006 at 3:21 PM

“Your social security is safe in my lunch box, er… lockbox. “

Kevin R on May 22, 2006 at 3:35 PM

Hey, I know how to accelerate global warming!!!
It’s easy, just pretend terrorists don’t exist, open our borders, and let the dirty bombs fly…

It cracks me up when environMENTALists think the war on terror won’t help their cause, too.

NTWR on May 22, 2006 at 3:39 PM

That’s Gore’s happy face!

moonsbreath on May 22, 2006 at 4:09 PM

“One can only attempt to create one’s own reality for so long. Reality proper has a way of insisting itself upon you.” Al Gore at this year’s Cannes Film Festival (talking about President Bush and VP Cheney, on global warming…)

Could have been describing himself to perfection, on anything…

Entelechy on May 22, 2006 at 4:41 PM

Don’t you have any pix of Gore with his beard and beer gut?

chsw

chsw on May 22, 2006 at 5:29 PM

Man, can you imagine what the democrat primary is going to sound like with this feckless collection of arrogant dweebs? Not one of them has a single positive thing to say. I bet it’s going to be nothing but “George Bush sucks”, and “Elect me and I’ll bring him up on charges,” “Hah! Elect me and I’ll have him shot!” “To hell with that, elect me and I’ll do the William Wallace thing to him on National TV; in a cage!” What appeal do they have? Gore is a spit flinging moonbat; Hillary has got the winning charm of a dead cockroach you dig out of your summer sneakers; Edwards is an annoying pansy; Kerry is a tiresome windbag married to Cruella d’Evil. I wouldn’t want these people living in my neighborhood much less running the country. I won’t vote for McCain under any circumstance, but I would rather set myself on fire than vote for any of these tools.

austinnelly on May 22, 2006 at 5:39 PM

Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Al Sharpton, Howard Dean… just thinking about 2008 is giving me a headache.

Perhaps the video gurus at HotAir can put together a “2008 Preview” video montage, “edited” Michael Moore style, comprised of speeches these people have made since the 2000 election. They’ve certainly provided us with plenty of material! I’d love to see Hillary making the “plantation” remark, immediately followed by Sharpton saying something anti-white, followed by Gore doing his Move-On shtick or global warming fear mongering, and then concluding with Dean saying the Republican Party is “a bunch of white Christians” and “I hate the Republican Party and everything they stand for”.

The Democratic Party. “They can do BETTER!”

Dave Shay on May 22, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Personally, I would appreciate seeing another Clinton/Gore run. (that would be Hillary C, of course) Or do you all think that it would be Gore/Clinton? Whatever…but if this nightmare should ever be…Gore will have some kind of attack and her HIGHNESS would be prez. Anyway..this campaign season is going to be a real ride…I am soooo looking forward to another side show from the Clintons..they never disappoint.

Sandys Beach on May 22, 2006 at 8:17 PM

Easy guys, easy! The Rats are really thinking about running this lout again. Say your prayers each and every night that they do.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on May 22, 2006 at 8:18 PM

i think it will be klintoon/obama. That way they can cover all the bases, you know… increased abortions, communism, racism, terror-friendly, open borders, ect…a platform that truly defines the dimmocrapic party.

ecamorg on May 22, 2006 at 10:30 PM

I heard on Rush today that Gore in the recent past made fifty to sixty million dollars on a sale of Google stock. Thats a nice nest egg for “08″.

birdman on May 22, 2006 at 11:34 PM

Senator Clinton will teach former Vice President GORE some manners and the value of preparation. This vile wicked step-mother presumptive of America will roll over Mr. GORE like an Astroturf vacuum reconditioner in a Double-A Ball Park. This harridan will not be denied, and she will utterly destroy this political fop’s career. America will ever owe her for rendering the Politically Undead Mr. GORE stripped of any political potential for future mischief. He will be able to resume his dabbling in Junk Science on a planetary scale, and his witch doctor’s utterances will evoke the distracted yawns that they deserve. His intellectual peers will be allowed to review his findings in the Check-Out Tabloids, where his odd science will contend for space next to the photo-shop picture of a goat with the head of an in-bred Sasquatch. It’s DESTINY!

Waumpuscat on May 22, 2006 at 11:53 PM

These posts are just killing me…coffee all over the place. Gore/Dean, Clinton/Obama, Kerry/Gore and my personal fav Gore/Clinton ….the choices are endless. Like I said before…get your popcorn early, ladies and gentlemen…we are in for a bumpy ride.
And a side note…does anyone remember the time we had our first look see at the Clinton cabinet?…you know, when the bunch came marching in just before Billy’s first State of the Union. What a freak circus show that was. But as they say, ..”you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!”

Sandys Beach on May 23, 2006 at 8:09 AM

I’m dreaming of a Gore/Kucinich ticket!

Woody58 on May 23, 2006 at 9:49 AM

I’m sure Al would never mount a national campaign again, knowing the enviromental damage his endless streams of planes, trains, and automobiles would cause. He must know the MSM would point out the obvious hypocrisy at every opportunity….. HA HA HA HA (laughing hard.)

right as rain man on May 23, 2006 at 8:43 PM