Nutroots video: Kos makes TV political ad debut

posted at 10:12 am on May 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

**Watch the video remix.**

Geraghty calls it “perhaps the most surreal campaign ad I’ve ever seen.” Me, I’ve seen this movie before; the line “the call’s coming from inside the house” figures prominently.

Watch here, then try to imagine what the moonbat hordes would say if Glenn Reynolds or Hugh Hewitt was involved in an ad this dumb. Stills follow. One of them might be photoshopped… Update: The last image is the photoshop. Apparently I have to spell this out for some people. Well, there you go.

kos1.jpg

kos2.jpg

kos3.jpg

kos4.jpg

Update: Only New Yorkers of a certain age will get this, but when they’re all in the house at the end having their up-with-people moment, I’m hearing, “I’m really glad they maaaade, the children’s aiiiiid, societyyyyy…”

Update: Jeff writes:

[I]f I had to compare it to anything, I would compare it to that now infamous “unscripted” Al Gore alpha male moment: by ad’s end, you’re holding your breath, hoping against hope you’re not about to see Moulitsas thrust his tongue down a slightly confused Connecticut Senate hopeful Ned Lamont’s throat.

Comments

“I’m running because George Bush is wrong.”

The dem message and platform – loud and clear.

Hoodlumman on May 18, 2006 at 10:39 AM

It’s nice when a candidate comes right out and tells you he’s surrendering in the war on terror. No pussyfooting around there. Where were their white flags?

pistolero on May 18, 2006 at 10:44 AM

Something is still screwy with the comments section of this site. I’ll try again.

It’s nice when a candidate is honest enough to come right out and tell you he’d surrender in the war on terror. Now that’s leadership. Everyone knows that free healthcare and the environment are much more important than killing the people who want to behead you. He’s honest, alright. Honestly STUPID.

pistolero on May 18, 2006 at 10:47 AM

D’OH! I’ll wait longer before subsequent posts next time. Sorry.

pistolero on May 18, 2006 at 10:48 AM

This is a really smart commercial.

It takes advantage of all the hard work done by the media to convince the public Iraq is unrelated to 9/11 or the terrorist threat. He then promises to give people something for nothing.

So he says America is wrong and that he’s willing to use the government gun to buy votes, and yet still comes off as a nice guy.

Very well done. He’ll go far in the Democratic party.

Jason on May 18, 2006 at 11:27 AM

Kos’s pointy nipple gesture at the end is absolutely incredible.

Alex K on May 18, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Oh my God, watch the “Underdog” video. You think it’s totally separate but then at the end the camera cuts back a bit–THEY’RE STILL FOLLOWING HIM. The way he jerks back at the sound of their thunderous chant is so great.

Alex K on May 18, 2006 at 11:49 AM

This is great. KOS will pull the dems farther to the left and soak up campaign cash that might otherwise go to reasonable candidates…and Hillary.

BobJRT on May 18, 2006 at 11:54 AM

“Talking points”, talking points, talking points”, “George Bush is wrong,” no new ideas “tow the party line” that was the term now its “PC”. Little by little step inch by inch we are winning the battle. People are starting to wake up to this broken record. This man looks to me like he dosn’t have A clue as to what the hell is going on.

birdman on May 18, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Aren’t Kos endorsements 0-18? This guy just got the kiss-o-death.

Hoodlumman on May 18, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Too bad Ned didn’t slap Kos with all of his hand movements. Very annoying.

Just another Neolib. Neolib. n. A Democrat whose entire platform is “I hate George Bush”

uniclone on May 18, 2006 at 12:20 PM

In my neighborhood, anyone who peers through your window like Kos does is likely to get a couple of rounds in the face. Especially if he then breaks through the door with a bunch of wackos.

Dr. Gonzo on May 18, 2006 at 12:26 PM

Perhaps it’s because we’re blogging from the heart of San Francisco, but something tells us that Kos is gay. *gasp* Our well-calibrated ‘gay-dar’ is picking up a pursy lisp, a sash, two snaps and a twist.

Of course, as Seinfeld would add, “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.” Just sayin’.

It’s as ridiculous as this ad.

California Conservative on May 18, 2006 at 1:03 PM

A Foreign Policy of Groveling. A Domestic Policy of Wealth Expropriations. The U.S. Treasury converted into a Money Laundry in order to render legitimate Theft By Legality. Infanticide redefined as Choice. Thought Crimes erased by Therapy. The Principal Principle is Perverse Pleasure. All else is Gloss. I submit for your contemplation~~ The Democrat Platform, Unmasked.

Waumpuscat on May 18, 2006 at 1:14 PM

If I saw that face in the window, I’d open fire.

When the police come to do their report, I’d point out it’s only Kos, and they’d say “screw him”.

JammieWearingFool on May 18, 2006 at 1:20 PM

The success of the campaign depends on our ability to spread messages like these virally to friends, family and networks both online and offline. What would the launch of a blog be, without a bug?

With the NOW endorsement yesterday…our campaign undoubtedly has the mo’ heading into the convention this weekend

OK, so let me get this straight (no pun intended, Cali Con). This lunatic thinks that an endorsement from the Nat’l Assoc. of Gals, the KosKiddieKoolaidKampKrowd, et al., is going to lead him to victory over a respected senator like Liebermann? Even in a deep, dark, cobalt blue state like Convict-a-nut, this dope’s just about thrown his chances out the window behind him.

And condoning sending these asanine ads to people like they would a virus? Oh, that’s just briiiiiiiliant (rolls eyes)

BigOrangeAxe on May 18, 2006 at 1:36 PM

I like the Underdog commercial, too:

“I’m Ned Lamont, and I’m a Pomeranian.”

see-dubya on May 18, 2006 at 1:42 PM

this ad campaign will go over about as well as the daily kos’ book…

Asmodeus on May 18, 2006 at 2:41 PM

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH!!!!…*clap*…*clap*…*stomp*…*stomp*….

It’s *SO* good to see you bloggin’ again Allah….LOL

The Ugly American on May 18, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Aren’t Kos endorsements 0-18? This guy just got the kiss-o-death.

Exactly!………….LOL!!!

The Ugly American on May 18, 2006 at 2:52 PM

What’s interesting is the assumption that everyone will recognize Kos and what he stands for–I don’t think the ad ever names him. if you don’t recognize him it’s just this random houseguest who’s there squealing with delight.

see-dubya on May 18, 2006 at 4:42 PM

This desperately needs someone who’s good at editing to make a “Kosback Mountain” trailer.

LB - the one that isn't LaShawn Barber on May 18, 2006 at 8:54 PM

as bad as that ad is, it apparently is geeting better reviews than the da vinci code.

sbvft contributor on May 18, 2006 at 10:27 PM

This commercial reminds me of this one tax commercial where a customer comes in with his taxes ready to be done (while they are still filming the commercial) claiming he has seen the commercial and wants his taxes done.

The tax one is better.

I’ll bet there are a lot of people that will like this commercial, but not enough to vote because of it.

theholyhermit on May 19, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Just when you thought he couldn’t get any nuttier…

We should start a campaign to help Kos find his meds.

frankj on May 19, 2006 at 8:32 AM