Breaking: Senate kills amendment that would deny illegals SS benefits

posted at 2:04 pm on May 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

50-49. I’m informed by an e-mailer that Chuck Hagel was among the kill votes.

Mary K is apoplectic. Keep your eye on this page for the vote count.

Earlier immigration post is here. Two hours forty-five minutes and counting until the president’s comprehensive immigration photo op at the border.

Update: Here are the “Republicans” who voted to kill it; our friend Senator McCain naturally is among them. The lone abstention was Jay Rockefeller, so it probably wouldn’t have affected the outcome.

Brownback (R-KS)
Chafee (R-RI)
DeWine (R-OH)
Graham (R-SC)
Hagel (R-NE)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)

Update: Reuters reports. Note the choice of accompanying photo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Star TRECT ????? Birdman-
Where are you from? Not harshly, just curious.

shooter on May 19, 2006 at 6:00 PM

shooter: Camden N.J., born and raised. I now reside at the South Jersey Shore, worked 20 yrs. in the casions in Atl. Cty. as a waiter and bartender. I have a two year colllege degree in business mgt. Working in an office in a sute tie, and title, and low wages not for me. I have to where the action is. I always made the top tips( a little pat on my back there) and couldn’t wait to get to work every day. I’d be up every morning fifteen minutes before the arlerm on my clock went off.

birdman on May 19, 2006 at 6:12 PM

Sorry for the typos I have two birds on my arm.

birdman on May 19, 2006 at 6:15 PM

lemme guess…birdman. Grey Goose and Goslin Bros.
Those two birds? :-)

shooter on May 19, 2006 at 6:54 PM

shooter: Very good, no two unrully double yellow head amazon parrots. Frank & Dean, the rat pack is what they are.

birdman on May 19, 2006 at 7:17 PM

I am amazed at the arrogant stupidity of the Senate and our poor excuse for a President. How can people seemingly so stupid and on the wrong side of the most critical issues of our day ever get anyone to vote for them again?

We are more in need of a hurricane in Washington D.C. than on anywhere else on the planet… in session of course. C’mon mother nature, don’t fail me now.

RolandHall on May 23, 2006 at 10:32 PM