Pare Amnistia Ahora! The Cero Peso Campaign

posted at 10:42 am on May 4, 2006 by Bryan

Let’s face it–both parties are awful when it comes to protecting our borders and enforcing our immigration laws. Neither party has learned anything from history. The 1986 amnesty and subsequent smaller amnesties have only resulted in more illegal immigration pouring across our borders. We now have an estimated 11-15 million illegal immigrants living in this country. While many of them are hard workers here to carve out a better life than they could get outside the US, the fact is that many of them strain our social services beyond the breaking point. Illegal aliens make up a far disproportionate percentage of our prison population, and take advantage of our schools and hospitals without paying for the services or showing any interest in becoming Americans and assimilating our beliefs. In fact, many espouse reconquista rhetoric aimed at destroying the America we know and love.

Rather than deal with these realities, both parties are pandering to the Latino vote. Both hope to put the illegals on the fast track to citizenship, and then capture their votes. But that’s a pipe dream. Most illegals won’t bother to become citizens. They will continue to be an economic underclass agitating for the rights of citizenship without the responsibilities that come with it. And neither party’s leadership seems to comprehend the massive security hole that our porous borders represents. In an age of war against fanatical terrorists, we cannot leave them a bright red path to get into our country. But the open borders are that path, and must be blocked.

Enough is enough. You can help stop amnesty in its tracks. Send cero pesos to the RNC and DNC headquarters. Include a note protesting both parties’ pandering. Note that open borders create an unacceptable national security problem. Be civil, but firm. Tell them to pare amnistia ahorastop amnesty now.

Linked here is a document with four cero peso notes like the one above, ready for you to print and send. Feel free to talk about this campaign on your own blog and email this post to your friends. Let’s send Washington a message–pare amnistia ahora! Stop Amnesty Now!

Republican National Committee
310 First Street, SE
Washington DC 20003

Democratic National Committee
430 S. Capitol St. SE
Washington, DC 20003

Comments

I just printed out my first “Cero Peso”. It was easy to do and it looks terrific!

I will be happy to send it the next time I am asked for a donation.

Close the borders, build the wall. Viva La HOTAIR!!

Richard Davis on May 4, 2006 at 11:05 AM

Don’t wait for them to ask, send your Cero Pesos with the message “pare amnistia ahora! Stop Amnesty Now!” to:
Republican National Committee
310 First Street SE
Washington, DC 20003

Crude One on May 4, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Shouldn’t there be a democrat themed note if we’re supposed to send it to them also?

ScottG on May 4, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Maybe. Or maybe they’ll be so horrified that they agree with Republicans on something, they’ll immediately kneejerk and change their stance. One pro-border candidate is better than none.

Savage on May 4, 2006 at 4:26 PM

For Scott G (and anyone else) here is a link to a ‘non-partisan’ similarly themed pseudo US$100 bill to send:
No Amnesty $100

This links to a file that prints out three bills; do a ‘save as’ to download a full sheet set up for great quality printouts on letter sized paper. Looks a little funny on some computer screens but prints out super high quality.

Slightly different, improved version HERE.

Caution: The first link is reasonably small (50K) but the second and third are megabytes (for high print quality), so unless you have broadband, theyll take time to download.

LegendHasIt on May 4, 2006 at 5:08 PM

I just got a census document from the RNC. I cand wait to send in my cero pesos.

calnevari on May 4, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Oops I mean I can’t wait

calnevari on May 4, 2006 at 7:32 PM

Is there any validity to this story

about a media blackout of violence during the protests?

Dahvid on May 4, 2006 at 7:51 PM

GW is definitely lost to the dark side along with most of the GOP and all the DemDongs!

I could not wait to get the GOP solicitations so that I could send these Cero Pesos to them!

TrueKatipunero on May 5, 2006 at 3:03 AM

What was the name of the dude that was in-charge of the boarders in the movie the Cone heads? now that was an idea.

capt_kirk on May 5, 2006 at 3:24 AM

Dahvid,

I took a look at that Prisonplanet site a couple of days ago. Alex Jones strikes me as a real wingnut with a case of BDS and some anti-Semitism on the side. I’m well to the right of center myself — I just posted a guest-essay
advocating land mines and machine guns on our southern border — but the guy worries me. I realize it’s a "media cover-up" but I’d definitely like to see better sourcing on that story.

bdfaith on May 5, 2006 at 3:58 AM

OK, People..read this and carry the message on. Our forefathers had this correct…why are we messing with it?

Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage
to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided
allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag..We have
room for but one language here, and that is the English language…
and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt,1907.

Sandys Beach on May 5, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Dahvid

The story is real and LUPE MORENO is not a nut case. She is running for office in California.

or her Anti Illegal Immigration site:

ScottyDog on May 5, 2006 at 11:39 AM

I printed out a dozen of the “gringo de mexico” bills. Every Republican fund-raiser that arrives now will be getting one of these in the return mail.

It doesn’t matter which politician or committee is mailing to you…..they ALL need to be getting these.

firegeezer on May 6, 2006 at 7:51 AM

Great idea. I’m still deciding who to send them to.

high_desert_wanderer on May 8, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Bryan,

I sent the same thing last year to the RNC along with a donation request form I printed from their web site

I took a big felt pen and drew an “X” through the page. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now but it made me smile when I mailed it.

What people should be demanding from the RNC is a refund!

repvoter on June 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM