Audio: John and Ken vs. reconquistador reporter Tony Valdez

posted at 1:30 pm on May 2, 2006 by Allahpundit

This ended up buried at the end of yesterday’s massive immigration link round-up, but the Freepers are clamoring for it so here it is again. The players: Fox 11 TV reporter Tony Valdez and 640 KFI-AM radio hosts John and Ken. As you’ll hear, J&K’s description of Valdez’s comments as “the report from Aztlan” is all too apt.

The Big M has already weighed in. The John and Ken show airs from 3 to 7 PST on KFI, and they’ll probably be talking about it tonight. Listen live over the web here.

Update: Also from yesterday, here’s the audio of Michelle’s “debate” with Maria Vivanco, founder of USF’s chapter of MEChA, on Sean Hannity’s radio show. Note that Valdez spouts the same line as Vivanco, the MEChA tool: “we didn’t cross the borders, the borders crossed us.”

Comments

OMFG….that guy was a REPORTER???

I watched the exchange live on KTTV but since I don’t watch Fox 11 for my local news, I had no idea who he (Tony Valdez) was.

Wow.

The Ugly American on May 2, 2006 at 2:05 PM

It should be noted that, in addition to all the other trip this “reporter” spewed out, he made one completely baseless allegation that is very easily refutable. He mentioned the Mormon Batallion monument in San Diego, then went on to use it as an example of how the US came in and killed people to take their land.

The Mormon Battallion did many things during its enlistment, however it did not once fire a single shot at any other person or group.

Nice try, Mr. Valdez. Perhaps I should be more politically correct and address you as Senor?

cordeiro on May 2, 2006 at 2:31 PM

“You took this country. You killed people in order to take this country for yourselves.”

Dear Mr. Valdez
The question I have for you Mr. Valdez is that as an American born in this country of European heritage, I never refer to the past leaders of this country as “you”. I read your biography and see that you were born in this country too. I have no allegiance towards Europe but why do you have so much allegiance towards a country that has been the model of corruption for over generations. I would like to compare the accomplishments of the two countries. The United States is the oldest democracy in the world. The US has championed equal rights and hundreds of thousands died on this soil for that cause. This country sent its sons to foreign lands to fight for democracy and freedom. The sons of this country killed people to take the country of Nazi Germany over so that we could overthrow a regime that was committing genocide, mass murder and the holocaust on the Jews. My Great Uncle Stan was killed in Bigonville, France on Christmas eve in 1944 during the bulge and I bet his death was not in the name of a land grab of greedy Americans. Now lets see what Mexico did during this time. I think the were neutral when it came to the Nazi regime. I think that Mexico did not send thousands of their men to their death on the beaches of Normandy to liberate Europe from the Nazis. In fact South America which is Latino too harbored the likes of Dr. Josef Mengele and other war criminals. Where would have this world have been if Americans would have just acted like Mexicans. What if we never fought for civil rights in this country, what id we would have not fought the Imperial Japanese and Nazi Germans, what if we would have not fought the cold war against the Soviets. Tell the Poles that we were on a land grab as the finally won their freedom from the Russians. The thing you have to ask yourself Mr. Valdez is where would this world have been without Manifest Destiny. I think the world would have been a hopeless space of tyranny that would produce people who are desperate to find freedom. I think the middle east is the last outpost of tyranny but it’s Mexico that still keeps 40% of it’s people in economic tyranny and they can only escape to one place and it is where the “YOU”s live and that would be where you were born. Mr. Valdez, I am sick of people like you who hate their country and frankly I don’t even think I should consider you a Patriot to the American Revolution.

JamesAKaplin on May 2, 2006 at 2:33 PM

A despicable, but growing, display of Mexicanism. It is only the morally and/or ethically bankrupt that will bring up an old fight to attempt to distract an opponent from reality. Oh what a tangled web we weave…….?
This is a narcissistic attempt to win an argument he has long since lost. Bordering on hysterical psychosis, it’s the only fuel he might have for an unjust action he is deeply emotionally involved in. The unbearable fear these people have on being “called” on the TRUTH , has them uttering falsehoods. The psychosis is from the fact he cannot differentiate truth from fiction any longer.
Refresh my memory, but didn’t the Spanish totally destroy the Mayan Indians? First by killing most of them, then from disease they brought from across the ocean?
The idiocy of Aztlan also resides in the fact that Mexicans can’t handle the land and people they already have. Another few thousand square miles in their control… they would only destroy that land as well. It’s not the land that’s the problem south of the border, (there are many billionaires in Mexico) it’s the misuse of all land and the incompetent and corrupt government.
I do worry that many of these Hispanics are “Mexicans first” as was so abundantly evident from the marches and protests.
Do they have an ulterior motive? If allowed to stay will they become stronger and more crazed?
Stranger things have happened.
This treason talk must be dealt with, NOW.

shooter on May 2, 2006 at 3:23 PM

Observation: Did not one of these Pro-illegal alien, atzlan, reconquistador people say some thing to the effect of “Go back to Europe”? Are they not from european stock also? Unless they are “puro indio” they have Spanish blood in them and therefore European. Why don’t they check their facts and heritage first before spewing drival?
LRP

LurP on May 3, 2006 at 4:44 AM

Shouldn’t his complaint be with the Mexican goverment of the 1840′s who signed a treaty giving the land to the US? Also, didn’t the American Indian (not Native American, I am a native American)immigrate to this country? These arguments are getting ridiculous!

bopbottle on May 3, 2006 at 5:39 AM

1519 Hernando Cortez defeated the Aztecs, in 1527, Francisco Pizarro defeated the Incan Empire…
During the late 16th century, 200,000 Spaniards immigrated into South America…

Thanks LRP for refreashing my memory in History.

rocky on May 3, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Just a typical rant from the miseducated, “please lie to me” left.

armorman on May 3, 2006 at 7:53 AM

I wonder if giving them Calif., then erecting a fence around it, would save the rest of the US.

msflea on May 3, 2006 at 8:02 AM

I am seeing some startling and disturbing parallels between Israel’s problems with Palestinians and our problems, however self-imposed, with illegal aliens, particularly those from Mexico. Could states in the southwestern portion of the continental United States become our West Bank and Gaza Strip?

Will the United States now experience the same kind of violence that Israel has experienced since its modern inception? Is congressional resistance to formally establishing English as our national language indicative of a fear that such might be the case, or is it simply political pandering to a future voting bloc? Further, what might happen were congress to offer an amendment to delete the first sentence of Section 1, Amendment XIV of the Constitution of the United States? Frankly, and at the very least, would it be just too uppity of us to enforce, fully, US immigration law? Does national sovereignty apply to all nations, less and except the United States of America? Gad…

Aunt B on May 3, 2006 at 8:33 AM

“You killed people in order to take this country for yourselves.”

Senior Reconquistador Antonio Valdez is dreaming of Aztlan that never was. Like the Palestinians.

Castilians who colonized Mexico wiped out the Mayans off the face of the earth leaving the Mexicans to be used as cannon fodder in their plunder up north. In 1848, the corrupt Castilian-Mexican government sold to the United States lands they stole from Native Americans to pay their debts and feed those few Castilian poser families that claimed ownership of all Mexico.

As he claimed Castilian heritage, maybe from Fray Valdez, how many Native Americans did Senior Valdez Kill?
I would venture to ask a Native American how they regard their Mexican neighbors this days.

Senior Reconquistador Antonio Valdez has been singing praises to the US of A over the years but in the back of his mind is loathing it. He finally showed his true color, his racist nature, and his disgust and hate of America. He has over the years deceived his American viewers his true feelings and opinions about them. No different than those Islamist terrorist who are practicing the art of taqqiya as thought to them by Senior Mohammed (piss be upon him). Deception, taqqiya, all the same.

It is therefore not hard to follow Saudi money that financed communist, islamist, maoist, International ANSWER. Finally, Palestinian and Aztlan daydreamers all together as one. Claiming lands they never owned in the first place. Using the same technique that Senior Mohammed (piss be upon him) to plunder and expand his religion and pull those countries he stole back to the stone age. What a bunch of losers.

Now this Aztlan poser, this stupid Senior Reconquistador Antonio Valdez, is just expressing his machismo by delving into this made up delusion of grandeur because Senora Valdez does not let him at home. If this is the case, I will give him some slack.

TrueKatipunero on May 3, 2006 at 9:54 AM

Bravo, TrueKatipunero, JamesAKaplin, shooter, and others. Good to hear folks who can tell the truth. I love this site!

ecamorg on May 3, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Senior Mohammed (piss be upon him)….
I just HAD to say it.
And I LOVE IT. I’ll add this to my lexicon.

shooter on May 3, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Careful, shooter. I was banned from FR for saying the same thing.

ecamorg on May 3, 2006 at 11:59 AM