Say Goodbye to Katie Couric (on one dinosaur network, anyway)

posted at 5:50 pm on April 28, 2006 by Bryan

As Michelle announced in today’s Vent from her comfy couch in her fuzzy slippers, Hot Air is having its first reader/viewer contest. Over at NBC, they’re saying goodbye to Katie Couric by soliciting the Today Show’s viewers for videograms full of tears and whatnot expressing how much they’ll miss Perky Katie. Until she shows up on CBS the following week. I mean, it’s not like she’s going off to Afghanistan to hunt for Osama bin Laden. She’s hopping from one cushy network job to another. These network people take themselves way too seriously.

Anyway, we at Hot Air would also like to say our own special goodbye to Perky Couric. We need your help, because we want the goodbyes to come from you. They should be in video form, no longer than one minute, and in either WMV or Quicktime format, nothing obscene, violent or anything you wouldn’t want your mother to see. Because if your piece gets included in a Vent, your mother just might see it. Try to keep the file sizes under 5 megs if you can.

You may email your Perky Katie Couric sendoff to hotairkatie–at–gmail–dot–com. Let’s see if you can send us enough stuff to break one of Google’s five million servers.

Comments

I have never watched this air head and never will.

birdman on April 28, 2006 at 6:25 PM

Bye and Good riddance.

pat on April 28, 2006 at 6:29 PM

Buh by, Katie, and don’t let the door hit ya’ where the good Lord split ya’.
I rarely, if ever watched her ‘perform.’ When FOX started broadcasting I tuned in and never tuned out. It is not so much the politics as the attitude and talking down to us By the perky one and whoever her guests were. Fox news actually does report the news and lets me decide. To be honest, the last time I watched this God forsaken AM broadcast was when the Monica thing broke and our then First Lady harangued about the vast right wing majority with Matt Lauer not saying one word about it to her. Those AM talk shows have not been welcomed in my home since them,

Sandys Beach on April 28, 2006 at 7:15 PM

The woman annoys me! Sheesh, pandering to some guests while ready to wack another guest over the head because she’s disagreeable to The Perky One( the faces she makes are even better,like she smelled rotted fish), blah…thank the good lord for making it possible for some guy to invent the television remote! What a treasure that little device has come to be.

Laura

xanadu1015 on April 28, 2006 at 7:49 PM

I can see why she took over for Dan Blather; she has that type of smile that tells you she is going to stab you in your back. Not to mention she has ugly knobby legs.

President Chuck on April 28, 2006 at 8:18 PM

Never watched her or her show (whichever one it is) a day in my life.

Moto Oda on April 28, 2006 at 8:53 PM

I quit watching the MSM morning shows before Perky. I think it was about the time that Fox News Channel came to town.

God bless Rupert Murdock.

petefrt on April 28, 2006 at 9:45 PM

…with an ‘h’

petefrt on April 28, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Remember when Ann Coulter went on there and cleaned her clock? Ahhh, that was delicious! I expected Ann to follow up with a vicious pile driver right there in the studio!

Really, the addition of Couric to the CBS evening news program is a non-issue. It’s important in that it provides further evidence (as if any was needed) about liberal bias, but declining audience numbers will quickly reduce the Perkster to near irrelevance. You know who watches the network news? Folks like my Dad, i.e. people sixty or older. I’m surprised Couric took the job since it’s likely there won’t be a network news program in ten years or so.

jaleach on April 28, 2006 at 11:36 PM

I’ve never like Katie Corrupt. She’ll do nothing for SeeB.S. The last time I even briefly tuned into the Today show was after the 2004 Presidential election and the Perky Pork Chop was dressed in BLACK and appeared physically ill. I emailed the show stating that her black attire did not go unnoticed and her depression with another Bush win was quite obvious.

doingwhatican on April 29, 2006 at 9:28 AM

I said good bye to that one dinosaur network and all their programming and employees. Actuall I have said good bye to ALL the dinasaur networks.

They are not missed.

Wade on April 29, 2006 at 10:37 AM

Katie who?

RobertCSampson on April 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM

I’ll never forget ol’ what’s her name.

Wade on April 29, 2006 at 12:51 PM

I have never said “Hello” to Katie Couric, so why should I bother saying “Goodbye” to her?

The False Dervish on April 29, 2006 at 8:15 PM

Buhbye…I gather she’s awful but since I lost interest years ago in any network news anything because of the obvious bias, I haven’t a clue as to just how bad she was/is. And the more I read abt her the less inclined I was/am to ever get my BP in an uproar listening to her.
Once, I saw her by sheer accident while channel surfing. There she was in Greece sitting on a stool “reporting” on the Olympics. I wondered who this sorta unattractive and inarticulate sorta arrogant-without-credentials person was? Imagine my surprise when I realized it was the kazillion dollar couric. Oh really?

BeeCharmer on April 29, 2006 at 8:18 PM

Sort of like changing decks on the Titanic. Bon Voyage!

Ramos on April 29, 2006 at 8:51 PM

It was good to see the rules of the game from the Hot Air crew – “…nothing obscene, violent or anything you wouldn’t want your mother to see”. I have seen how some of the lower class liberals have written to and about Michelle.

A link from Michele’s regular blog to Captain’s Quarters led to his comment about liberals who – “… do little but make ad hominem attacks on those with whom they disagree. They spend a great deal of effort labeling people rather than providing rational arguments on policy…”

I am no fan of Katie C, but it would be good if Hot Air treats her with the same respect we want the MSM to treat Michelle.

roydee43

roydee43 on April 30, 2006 at 1:21 AM

I won’t miss Katie Kolon (er, Couric)

gary on April 30, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Gary,

That’s a good point you raise. Will Katie take her colon with her to CBS?

jaleach on April 30, 2006 at 9:49 PM

I’m already at work when all these shows come on. How am I supposed to keep up with all that is happening in the world? Someone needs to talk to my boss.

old_dawg on May 2, 2006 at 10:17 AM