Rosie O’Donnell returns

posted at 11:16 pm on April 28, 2006 by Michelle

She’ll be taking liberal Meredith Viera’s place on Barbara Walters’ “The View” on ABC. Because, you, there just aren’t enough mouthy liberal women on network television. Via NY Times:

Barbara Walters and Rosie O’Donnell told a live national television audience last night that Ms. O’Donnell would return to daytime television this September as a co-host of “The View” on ABC. In joining a cast that includes Ms. Walters, Star Jones Reynolds, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Ms. O’Donnell replaces Meredith Vieira, a co-host of “The View” since its inception in 1997, who is leaving to take Katie Couric’s place on “Today” on NBC.

After much media speculation in recent days, including reports on the entertainment television show “Extra” and in The New York Post, Ms. Walters and Ms. O’Donnell confirmed her new job during the broadcast of the “Daytime Emmy Awards” on ABC.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your big award, but I just read something on the Internet I wanted to talk to you about,” Ms. O’Donnell said to Ms. Walters at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles, just after Ms. Walters had presented a lifetime achievement award to Carroll Spinney of “Sesame Street.”

Ms. Walters, an executive producer of “The View,” told the audience that she indeed wanted Ms. O’Donnell to join the show, five years after Ms. O’Donnell ended her own talk show.

As host of her own talk show for six years, and later as its producer as well, Ms. O’Donnell won a dozen Emmy awards. But her impending arrival alongside the wood table that is a centerpiece of “The View” raises the immediate question of how she will fare as a member of a very vocal, opinionated ensemble…

Comments

The mere thought of the corpulent and loquacious O’Donnell back on network television chills the soul. I had hoped her recent absence from the public spotlight would be permanent. I was wrong.

At this point, I think our only hope is that O’Donnell and Star Jones literally consume each other in true Night of the Living Dead fashion. Maybe that will raise the moribund ratings of The View. I know I’d tune in to see such antics.

jaleach on April 28, 2006 at 11:25 PM

I’d rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard than to that freakin’ show. Can’t believe it’s been on the air for so long.

(I shouldn’t say freakin’ — it makes me sound like a darn redneck:)

wytammic on April 28, 2006 at 11:46 PM

There’s nothing wrong with being a redneck. Many of our earliest presidents were rednecks. Andrew Jackson, anyone?

;)

jaleach on April 28, 2006 at 11:51 PM

Rosie used to be funny, lately she has just gotten obnoxious. If she could go back to her old ways she would be viewable. This, I am sure will not happen, therefore I aint watching her!

Ron on April 29, 2006 at 12:31 AM

Rosie O’Donnell; well at least thats one person on the show that won’t be suffering from PMS every freakin day (PS I’m A city slicker and we say freakin all the time).

birdman on April 29, 2006 at 12:38 AM

“(I shouldn’t say freakin’ — it makes me sound like a darn redneck:)”
wytammic on April 28, 2006 at 11:46 PM

“Freakin’” is well known to be a hippie term, not at all Redneck. And you sir, are a F******* Idiot. ;-)

R D on April 29, 2006 at 2:08 AM

Like I said before i’m A city slicker and I also used to be A hippie. – Example – “Like man where did put my hash pipe like i’m soooooooo FRIAKIN high like what A rush man”.

birdman on April 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Rosie O! YES! One more reason to watch my favorite show! Rosie is soooo hot, yeah baby! I think Michelle could learn some nice beauty tips from her … sarcasm

I have a lot of liberal female friends and when they’re all in the same room together and all of them are talkin’ at the same time I tell ‘em “This is like watchin’ The View”.

God forbid … ooops, make that Gaia forbid that they should have more than one conservative. They’re 4 on 1 formula is their only way to win in a political debate.

Tony737 on April 29, 2006 at 5:36 AM

Ooooops! That should be their, not they’re. Sorry. This thing posts before ya hit the post button. I didn’t have time to proof read. Also sarcasm should have paranthasis … parenthisees … parinth … THESE THINGS! ( )

How about a tv talk show with Michelle, Ann Coulter, Mona Charen, Tammy Bruce and Star Parker and throw in one lib just to meet the quota, say, Halle Berry? Sure would be easier on the eyes and ears than The View.

Tony737 on April 29, 2006 at 5:46 AM

I think we are hearing the last throws of this horrid little show. There is something about a gaggle of women talking over each other that makes me ashamed of my own feminine ways. I can’t watch it…sorry…I just can’t. BUT, now that thay have added a little masculine touch, perhaps…just maybe…on second thought….I could try…naw!! It is still just a gaggle of women talking over each other with the addition of the one that will be permitted nastier comments because of her ‘choice’ in life.
And for the freakin’ thing…I have been saying that since my salad days in Broojlyn. Use it instead of the real F word…saves me from the fires of hell.

Sandys Beach on April 29, 2006 at 6:26 AM

Who could be worse than Rosie?…. thinking…
Got it! Roseanne. But just by a smidget.

Never liked Babbawawa or the rest of the rotating crew for that matter, and I, like others above, have been surprised by the shows longevity. ABC must not insist on elevated Nielson ratings to keep this bunch on the air. Maybe it does get good ratings… Idunno… would be fun to watch the trend after Rosie arrives though. I’m betting downward.

Billy the Kid on April 29, 2006 at 7:10 AM

I bet those ratings will really go up now!!..Let’s see, the topics will be gay, lesbian, transgender, gay marriage, gay adoptions, and lesbian adoption. Did I mention lesbian?
Should be quite the family affair to watch.

gary on April 29, 2006 at 7:39 AM

To quote Darth Vader: Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Savage on April 29, 2006 at 7:56 AM

Sandy, you’re exactly right. 5 cackeling hens all trying to out cackle each other, ya can’t understand what they’re sayin’.

Tony737 on April 29, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Hey! I wasn’t done yet. That’s twice on just this one thread. Anyway…

Billy, I think ABC puts their politics above the ratings, hence the return of “Commander in Chief” which is nothing more than their President Hillary wet dream.

lf there is to be a tv show about the 1st woman president, the actress playing her needs to be black with buck teeth because Condi is our next president. The libs’ and the terrorists’ worst nightmare!

Tony737 on April 29, 2006 at 8:50 AM

I used to like watching Rosie’s day time show. In one interview she thought Sting was in “Buster.” Sting shot back at her and said, “It was Phil Collins!”

NavyWife on April 29, 2006 at 8:57 AM

Ugggh……….ratings are bound to drop with the addition of the screeching O’Donnell. Elizabeth has yet to be corrupted by the cackling gaggle of self absorbed twits around her. Hopefully the eyesore O’Donnell won’t push her over the edge.

darwin on April 29, 2006 at 9:05 AM

I’m glad that all I get to watch during the day is Spongebob Squarepants.

Jezla on April 29, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Man alive…you guys are starting to be like family…I am so glad I joined this group. Michelle..you rock and thanks for the opportunity to reach out to other conservative thinkers.
Now, for more business…how about we start the countdown for when “The View” breathes its last. I say one more season and they are toast.

Sandy ;^)

Sandys Beach on April 29, 2006 at 9:38 AM

4 to 1 liberal to conservative ratio—- the MSM’s idea of balanced. Typical. Can you say Bill Maher? It takes at least 3 libs yelling at the top of their lungs (and they usually do) to come close to drowning out 1 clear thinking conserv!

sMack on April 29, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Outside of the homo community, how many fans does Rosie really have? I guess she’s probably an appropriate addition to that televised hen party.

Jeff on April 29, 2006 at 10:30 AM

The suicidal idiocy of liberalism would probably be long dead if it weren’t for the mass production of replacements daily via public education. Look at the silly fools that our schools turn out. Nothing like being called a fascist by a stupid 16 year old girl with blue hair and chunks of metal in her face, especially when the little sage philosopher/protester can’t tell you what a fascia is, who Mussolini was, or even when WWII was fought. Glittering jewels of ignorance.

ecamorg on April 29, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Rosie just had to get back in front of the public to push her in-your-face agenda.

jzab on April 29, 2006 at 2:24 PM

I love that idea Tony737. The conservative talk show with pleasant, intelligent people … unlike R D who is just mean and mean people really suck. I was just kiddin about the freakin’ comment — though it isn’t the best english, it sure beats the heck out of the alternative:) We give our daughter a hard time for saying it.

wytammic on April 29, 2006 at 2:53 PM

It’s Rosie’s looks that got her the job.
Conservative is beautiful.

Reality Check on April 29, 2006 at 4:43 PM

The potty-mouthed Rosie joining that hen party of liberal hags. JoyLESS Behar is a vile, rude gasbag. “Jar Stones” is a fat phony…though she won’t admit to that fashionable surgery everyone who is too lazy to do a sit-up or two is having. How else do you lose 100 lbs in seven seconds? BabaWawa is irrelevant nowadays. The conservative lady, Elizabeth, should get out while the gettin’ is good.

I’m not wasting my time watching what I never watched before.

Femi-Nazi’s.

And I don’t like “Doprah” either.

doingwhatican on April 29, 2006 at 5:39 PM

Tony737….add Laura Ingraham to that group of conservative ladies and you’ve got a winner.

doingwhatican on April 29, 2006 at 5:47 PM

doinwhatican,

Thanks, I meant to say Laura (butt monkey) but I forgot. l’m sorry Laura, I love you!

Laura – 1
Cancer – 0

l’d like to see a series of pay-per-view debates including:

Michelle vs. Helen Thomas

Laura vs. Eleanor Clift

Condi vs. Hillary (election ’08?) AND Maddy Albright (2 on 1 just to make it fair)

Ann vs. Jenine Garafalo (sp?)

Tammy vs. Barbra Striesand

Star P. vs. Star J.

The possibilities are endless. ls it just a coincidence or are women on the Right way better lookin’ than womyn on the Left? Smarter goes without sayin’

Tony737 on April 29, 2006 at 7:17 PM

Tony737…your possibilities are priceless. I’d ante-up for these sure bets.

doingwhatican on April 29, 2006 at 7:29 PM

Oh, come on, ya’ll. give them a break. they are the faces of the AVERAGE AMERICAN! tee hee hee. just kiddin. Rosie can go jump in the bay. she’d make a great crab trap.
xoxo

pullingmyhairout on April 29, 2006 at 8:52 PM

First Rosie show topic: “Dwarf lesbian mothers who want to raise their children vegetarian.”.

persecutor on April 30, 2006 at 7:47 AM

While watching Fox & Friends this morning, they had a brief segment about the “bloated Rosie” joing “The View”. Apparently, BabaWawa saw a documentary produced by Rosie and her companion about family and their lifestyle and Babs was so impressed she offered Rosie the job.

Julian Phillips, co-host on Fox & Friends, thinks Rosie will pull in viewers and improve the ratings. This fool is a girly-man lib. Jackass extraordinaire.

doingwhatican on April 30, 2006 at 8:56 AM

I’ve often wondered who these people are that watch this show. Rosie O’Donnell will succeed in making a bad show worse. No amount of this blowhard’s rhetoric could ever convince me that her philosophy of life would make the world a better place. Barbara Walters is delusional if she actually thinks O’Donnell adds anything truly worthwhile to “The View.”

Maggie

Maggie on April 30, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Look, now that Star Jones has morphed into some sort of alien spawn, the girls need a fat chick around to make them feel better about themselves, and show how compassionate they are.

Iblis on April 30, 2006 at 5:39 PM

I think the first thing they’ll have to do is get a bigger couch so they can all sit together…The show will pull in some higher ratings at first just so people can see the fat obnoxious one implode on national tv as she rants. Once she starts alienating viewers we’ll see how long it’ll last. Of course, there won’t be any liberal bias on the show…

hoosier_federalist on May 1, 2006 at 1:58 PM

On the bright side, the addition of Rosie makes this show even harder for SNL or Mad TV to lampoon. I mean really. How can you possibly put on anything as laugh out loud crap-tastic as these whining hens. Ah, network broadcasting… I knew thee well.

Sugar Land on May 1, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Sign me up to watch The View when Tom Selleck & Ted Nugent agree to be guests.

PattyAnn on May 1, 2006 at 6:18 PM

LOL!! pattyann :)

Joe on May 1, 2006 at 6:24 PM

testing
[url=http://kebawe.com/smellies][img]http://kebawe.com/smellies/smellie_fire.gif[/img][/url]

RushBaby on October 15, 2007 at 5:15 PM