Casual Friday: idiotic video round-up

posted at 3:47 pm on April 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

New Vent about the growth of online video is up. Viral video sites are a big part of the industry, of course, so to complement our new clip here’s a smattering of top links for your horror/amusement. Click the images to watch. Note: some of the sidebar ads on these sites are a tad racy, so if that offends you, please abstain.

We begin with an oldie but goodie for the uninitiated. Probably the dumbest news clip ever to air on American television.

leprechaun1.jpg

An even older one. Probably the dumbest clip ever to air, well, anywhere.

musicvideo.jpg

Another slightly older one, which doesn’t start to get good until about halfway through. Watch this the first time with your computer’s sound turned off. Try to guess which country it comes from. Were you right? Of course you were.

robots.jpg

An F/X mini-masterpiece. We’re going to get Bryan, our resident video wizard, to do this for the Vent someday. Strange but true semi-related factoid: Bryan knows how to generate lightsaber effects, so look forward to Michelle’s duel with Yoda or something sometime soon.

hologram.jpg

A slick piece of moonbat propaganda on behalf of the fine folks currently in charge of the Iranian government. Islamist nuclear terror? Just a pretext for more Halliburton contracts.

bombiran.jpg

And here’s the latest from JibJab, which, needless to say, is not endorsed by the Iranian government.

matzah.jpg

Not sure where this is from, but the ABC graphic makes me think it’s Jimmy Kimmel Live. Aim high!

eggroll.jpg

The sequel the world’s been waiting for.

titanic.jpg

My favorite clip of all. Not sure where this is from, but yes, that is indeed former “Growing Pains” star turned evangelist Kirk Cameron on the right. I’m sending this one out via long-distance dedication to my pal the Commissar. You wanted proof, C? You got it.

banana.jpg

Finally, here’s a timewaster. Think of it as a sneak preview of what’ll happen the day Theodore Dalrymple finally snaps.

chav.jpg

Happy viewing.

Comments

Very… intellectual. :-)

Eric12470210 on April 28, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Curse my Work Content Filters! Hey, what is this? VH-1′s WebJunk 20?

BelchSpeak on April 28, 2006 at 4:33 PM

Every single one of them blocked by our new web filter here at work.

55 more paydays until everything’s paid off and I no longer need a paycheck of this size.

KCSteve on April 28, 2006 at 4:56 PM

“Who all see the leprechaun, say yeah!”

Possibly my favorite internet video of all time. I also heartily advise anyone who heads over to Ebaumsworld to check out the clip of “Bubb Rubb” and “Lil Sis” discussing whistle tips.

World B. Free on April 28, 2006 at 5:27 PM

“An even older one. Probably the dumbest clip ever to air, well, anywhere.”

Note the MTV logo on the bottom left. Do they ever admit to showing it back in their early days?

Carvin Guitar Man on April 28, 2006 at 6:47 PM

I think I’m actually dumber for having watched those…

jwookie on April 28, 2006 at 7:19 PM

I thought the Titanic sequel was a joke at first. Then I realized that Hollywood couldn’t resist making a credibility challenged sequel. Still, I think Jack Dawson coming back to life in the future would make a better comedy than a drama.

pjcomix on April 28, 2006 at 7:40 PM

May I humbly submit this Octopus Camoflage video for a future video roundup? I never fail to be ASTOUNDED by this video every time I watch it. The camoflage ability of the octopus borders on the supernatural. What is really kewl about this video is that you can watch it in slow motion in reverse.

I guarantee that you won’t be able to initially spot the octopus on the first viewing…or even the second or third viewing.

pjcomix on April 28, 2006 at 7:46 PM

It looked like the octopus was eating a banana before we surprised him…..

moc23 on April 28, 2006 at 10:18 PM