Michelle on O’Reilly tonight (updated with video)

posted at 5:59 pm on April 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

Sorry for the lack of posting this p.m. — we’ve been prepping for tomorrow’s Vent. Can’t say much yet, except that … lip syncing might be involved. Stay tuned.

Also, the big M is slated to appear tonight on the Factor at around 8:30 to debate Democratic pundit Kirsten Powers on immigration and the CIA leak story. Tune into Fox to watch. We’ll likely have a clip up in this space afterwards, especially if Bill O deigns to mention Hot Air. Which, let’s face it, there’s exactly zero chance of.

Update: Nope, no mention. Here’s the vid. The subject is media double standards on leaking.

Comments

Why wouldn’t he mention it? Seriously, I’m not trying to be snarky here?

EFG on April 27, 2006 at 6:04 PM

CORRECTION:

Seriously, I’m not trying to be snarky here.

PIMF

EFG on April 27, 2006 at 6:04 PM

“Why wouldn’t he mention it? Seriously, I’m not trying to be snarky here? ”

Because he figures he’s cornered the market on “hot air”

wytammic on April 27, 2006 at 6:08 PM

I’ll definitely check out O’Reilly tonight. BTW, Allahpundit, did you know that the story updates on Hot Air aren’t appearing on the RSS Feeds? Check it out.

pjcomix on April 27, 2006 at 6:15 PM

I was a big O’Reilly fan until recently, but last night sealed the deal for me on the exodus. I will watch tonight solely for the fact that Michelle is going to be on. But last night’s guest, the senior senator from New York, was the last straw for me and Uncle Bill. When people like Schumer start feeling comfortable appearing on Fox, I get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. The very image is akin to seeing a hen strutting around in a foxhouse.

Woody58 on April 27, 2006 at 6:21 PM

Eye candy and substance….might record this one.

shooter on April 27, 2006 at 6:26 PM

WOO HOO!!!! MM on tv tonight. Dang, beauty and brains. Gotta love that woman.

chow on April 27, 2006 at 6:30 PM

ABSOLUTELY FLAMING EXCELLENT!!!!

I saw Michelle cross swords with Kirsten Powers a few years ago on Dayside when it was hosted by Linda Vestor.

Kirsten made a statement, and when Michelle challenged her on that statement, Kirsten denighed making that statement.

Michelle then widened those georgeous eyes of hers (YES, THAT’S RIGHT ALL OF YOU MICHELLE MALKIN HATERS! I SAID THAT MICHELLE HAS GEORGEOUS EYES!!!!!) and in an annoyed tone of voice immediately and point blankly informed Kirsten: “I just heard you say it Kirsten!”

This should be a good debate!

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 7:03 PM

@The False Dervish: Where’s a video link of that?!

Moto Oda on April 27, 2006 at 7:27 PM

I stopped watching O’Reilly a few months ago, but will watch tonight to see MM. My thinking is even since the sexual harassment charge against O’Reilly he has softened and got in touch with his feminine side. LOL..

Wade on April 27, 2006 at 7:42 PM

I want my “MMTV”. Tonight, we all get the Lady.

Kristen Powers is intellectualy vacant. I also saw that Dayside delight. (When does Linda Vester get back, already?)

I believe BillO should give a nod and a mention of Michelle’s “Hot Air”. I said he should.

doingwhatican on April 27, 2006 at 7:42 PM

@ Moto Oda:

Sorry, Moto. I don’t know where that link could possibly be. I am not that ‘net savvy yet. Monica Crowley was also in that segment with Michelle and Kirsten.

But, Doingwhatican also saw that episode! I don’t think Linda Vestor works at FNC anymore, unfortunately.

But, yes, lets hope that Hot Air will be mentioned tonight.

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 7:59 PM

This is it guys! O’Reilly starts now!!!!!

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 8:00 PM

Woody58 – But isn’t the O’Reilly Factor supposed to be “fair and balanced”?

Zeus on April 27, 2006 at 8:10 PM

I usually scan the Factor website to see if there are any topics I’m interested in, but I still think Bill’s one of the best pundits on TV. Plus, the more Olbermann whines/pouts/ is green with envy of the Factor, the more I want Bill to keep crushing him in the ratings.

Spassvogel on April 27, 2006 at 8:30 PM

just got another MM fix. WOO HOO!

chow on April 27, 2006 at 8:50 PM

The woman opposite you on O’Reilly tonight said that she thinks anyone who breaks the law should be punished. I wish Bill had asked her if she believed that as it pertains to Bill Clinton lying under oath, and Hillary Clinton sitting on a stack of FBI files.

Liberal Democrats have a play book just like the Koran, it tells them to lie and otherwise confound people who are not in their circle of trust, which means that the only time they are telling the truth in public is when they are NOT talking.

NRA4Freedom on April 27, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Just watched Michelle on O’Reilly…Great job! I was actually impressed that you, Kirsten, and O’Reilly all agreeded that lawbreakers from any party should be prosecuted. I have a feeling Kirsten felt a little “On the spot” there, and knew she would look like a total fool to disagree.

MalkinFan on April 27, 2006 at 8:54 PM

I was amused that MM didn’t didn’t need the last “You’ve only got 15 seconds” to complete Bill’s “I’ll give you the last word”. She is several times quicker on her feet than the famous Bill O. She’ll most likely replace him as America’s most-watched pundit in fairly short order. Hope you play the clip. It was definitive.

JodyBlonde on April 27, 2006 at 9:20 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting. A quiet segment (no problem with that). Michelle made some good points and a nice analogy that the double standard is so blaring that she sees sun spots.

Maybe it’s me, but it seems that Kirsten has changed in the way she presents herself. She now presents an image of a calm, confident person with thoughtful, quiet humor. She has a bit of a pleasant smile when presenting her point of view, speaks in a thoughtful voice. I have noticed that other lib/Dem women commentators are now doing the same thing (well, election time is approaching and the Dems want a victory).

I do not fully believe that Kirsten agrees with Michelle that there should be a single standard concerning reporters who report leaks. She did not seem confortable saying that. I don’t know if Michelle believes it either, even though she is glad to hear that Kirsten does agree with her.

I cannot agree with Kirsten that the press was very mean to Democrats and was not nice to Clinton. I do not recall the drive by media bashing Clinton and pointing out every single thing that Clinton and Hillary did wrong (yeah, the press did report on Whitewater real estate situation, etc, but did not really ask hard questions as far as I can recall-someone correct me if I am wrong). It took Drudge to expose the Clinton/Lewinski rodeo while the rest of the press held off on that story. And Clinton sued Drudge for revealing that story. I do not recall Clinton ever suing other reporters for anything. In fact, I think that only very rarely did a reporter ask hard questions to Clinton or Hillary (she would get a list of questions that was to be asked BEFORE an interview, did she not?)

Anyway, Michelle, as always did a great job discussing issues. And for those of you who missed the segment, O’Reilly will be repeated 11 PM EST. AND, YES, AS ALWAYS, MICHELLE LOOKED GREAT!

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 10:01 PM

This is a test signal. I have posted twice my opinions concerning Michelle being on O’Reilly, and for some reason, those posts did not take.

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Well, now it works! Hmmmm.

Well, since you guys have already posted what I tried to say, I will not bother repeating. The only thing I will say is that, as always, Michelle is a pleasure to watch on TV debating/discussing issues. Whether it be a mild session like tonight’s was, or a heated discussion, Michelle can run rings around whomever she is up against.

I will say concerning Kirsten, I have seen her in the past, and although I do not recall her as a panicky, screaming lib, she now presents herself with the image of a thoughtful, confident person with a thoughtful and quiet voice and a thoughtful sense of humor. Also, she displayed a bit of a smile (for the most part) when presenting her point. I have noticed that other lib/Dem women commentators are doing the same thing now.

Also, I disagree with Kirsten that the press was not too nice to Clinton. I don’t recall the MSM doing the same stuff to Clinton, or any other Dem as they are doing to Pres Bush. Clinton sued Drudge for reporting the Clinton/Lewinski “rodeo.” He never sued any other reporter for anything, did he?

And I do not believe that Kirsten truly agrees with Michelle about having a single standard concerning reporters who report leaks. And even though Michelle was glad to hear that Kirsten agreed with her, I do not think that Michelle completely believes Kirsten.

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Whoops! I APOLOGIZE EVERYONE!!!

It looks like my original posting (10:01 PM) came out after all.

Perhaps it is the length of what I posted that took time to come out, or the system is being slow right now.

Anyway, please excuse any redundancy on my part and do focus on my 10:01 PM posting.

Sorry,again! :-(

The False Dervish on April 27, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Bill should have Michelle on the show with chris whats his name from PMSNBC. Old Billy boy is full of foul air.

birdman on April 27, 2006 at 10:58 PM

Why is it that a guy like Bill O’Reilly always seems to be surrounded by beautiful, intelligent women? Life is not fair.

Savage on April 27, 2006 at 11:00 PM

I don’t have cable anymore so I will depend on what I read here. I agree MM is the complete package. Dervish may be all worked up over our gracious hostess ;) Also with some exception Dim women don’t come across as very attractive when they spew nonsense. I won’t call them hags, because that would not be nice.

geekrunner on April 27, 2006 at 11:17 PM

False Dervish – I seem to remember the MSM being quite vocal about Clinton’s transgressions – to the point that I wanted to cover my children’s ears every night during the 6:00 news.

NRA4Freedom – Last that I checked, Clinton did get punished for lying, he got impeached.

Zeus on April 27, 2006 at 11:36 PM

geekrunner – I agree with you that women that you might ordinarily consider attractive lose that trait when they spew nonsense. Check out some of Ann Coulter’s gems: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2001/0111.coulterwisdom.html

And if that’s not enough, how about threatening to poison a sitting supreme court justice or helping foreign relations by calling those from the mideast “ragheads”.

Do you consider her attractive?

Zeus on April 28, 2006 at 12:24 AM

geekrunner – I know what you mean. How about that Ann Coulter – she’s a real beauty. Check out some of these gems: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2001/0111.coulterwisdom.html

If the link doesn’t work, just do a search for ann coulter -you’ll find it.

And if that’s not enough, how about her more recent comments: poison a sitting supreme court justice and the one about the “ragheads”.

How attractive is she now?

Zeus on April 28, 2006 at 1:03 AM

O’Reilly’s solid on the war on terror, the culture-war, and immigration. That’s enough for me.

PoppysBoy on April 28, 2006 at 1:50 AM

Like False Dervish, I also posted more than once on the same subject. Apparently, this site has a delayed response. Must be growing pains.

Zeus on April 28, 2006 at 2:13 AM

Bill O’Reilly’s show is generally pretty good; I can’t fault him for his ratings, at least.

Tom Shakely on April 28, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Why should Hot Air be mentioned? Michelle Malkin was not on the air to plug Hor Air; she was there to offer her commentary on the CIA leaks. It would have been crass “to sell” Hot Air. It is not Bill O’Reilly’s job to sell a product guests on his show are involved with unless the product in question is the purpose of the visit. (I recall one or two guests plugging a book or cause they are involved with in the past such as Gary Sinise and his charity work for the children of Iraq.)

hadsil on April 28, 2006 at 2:46 AM

That AIRhead kristen/kirsten/kristy/kirsty, whatever, is a “Fox News Analyst”??? I am laughing…
Good on you Michelle, despite the pitiful few minutes you got, there you were so impressive with your erudition and LOGIC.

BeeCharmer on April 28, 2006 at 4:57 AM

Last night’s factor proves, once and for all, that Consevative ladies are much smarter and a whole lot better looking than best the democrats have to offer. She sure makes this old man better.

olhokie on April 28, 2006 at 5:27 AM

Hadsil –

It’s a joke. :)

Michelle on April 28, 2006 at 7:20 AM

As it appears, the whole subject may well be moot, and I have HAD it!

I read on Newsmax yesterday that McCarthy will most likely not be prosecuted or even punished. If that comes to fruition I may just give up and move to a cabin in Montana.

Apparently the Dems have perfected a strategy to deal with wrongdoing…simply say, “I didn’t do it”, and voila! It all goes away. I wonder why that doesn’t work for Delay, Libby, et al?

Anyway, great job last night Michelle! And it was glaringly obvious that Kirsten is on the Lib program of calm veneer and joviality. Pretty strange since the DNC chairman is a raving lunatic! I guess they’re still getting their “strategery” from Bubba.
-Woody

Woody58 on April 28, 2006 at 7:43 AM

Geekrunner:

No, I AM NOT “worked up” over Michelle as you suggest :-D. I have nothing to gain by being worked up over a married lady or any other lady, for that matter.

I compliment Michelle because she appears to be one of the few ladies in our country who enjoys being complimented.

Here, in the People’s Democratic Multi-Sensitive,Feminized, Did You Check With My Lawyer Before Looking In My Direction Republic of New York City, in too many situations a simple compliment to a woman concerning almost anything can lead to problems and misunderstandings-for example-”What do you mean I look great in this dress?” or “I did a great job on this assignment? I don’t know what you mean by that.” (yes, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it DOES happen many times and this IS New York City.)

Finally, after hearing Michelle talk about how the unhinged (and as written in her book) are insulting the way she looks (her eyes, figure, hair, whatever) I feel that these insults are totally unnecessary, racist in some cases, and just down right rude and shows signs of desparation from the lefties. So, to counter the hardcore lib philosophy of TOLERANT INTOLERANCE, I compliment Michelle once in a while.

But, let’s face it. The bottom line is NOT how someone looks, but how a person presents their point of view in debates and discussions. It is the formulation and presentation of ideas hopefully based on truth, practically, common sense, and honesty that should always prevail. Not on failed political agendas like communism/socialism, not on misplaced guilt, not on rationalization, not on hatred of one’s country, not on bullying tactics, hysterical screaming, double standards, and character assasination.

The False Dervish on April 28, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Zeus:

I have met Ann Coulter and spoke with her very briefly (I met her at last year’s Freedom Concert where I got her autograph). I am not a big fan of hers, but, I personally think that she is OK. I told her that I think that she is a great lady, and I also told her that I think that some of her statements do cross the line, but I like to read her stuff and hear her being interviewed and debated.

I do agree with you Zeus that sometimes Ann just goes off the edge on some of her statements. The killing leaders of terrorist movements I do agree with her-forcing people to convert to Christianity is a decision I would leave up to the individual. Blaming that vet that because of him we lost Vietnam is wrong when it was governmental policy and hack commanding officers that prevented our troops from doing what had to be done to win (read A LONELY KIND OF WAR written by a USAF Forward Air Controller about the nonsensical rules of engagement placed upon him and others). However, from what my former neighbor who was a Vietnam vet told me, many guys over there devoted themselves to fouling up, getting high, ignoring orders and ignoring training.

But, yes,sometimes Ann has to keep herself in check.

The False Dervish on April 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Hmm,I know this is offtopic, but I am going to offer my defence of Ann.

While I agree that Ann goes a bit over the top at times, she says what she believes and has no fear of saying it. I do not ever remember her retract anything she has said. She believes what she says and stands behind it. I also very much admire a person like that, even if at times she can embarrass us. I sill love her, much like I love MM. They are the offence against libs that have run roughshod over us for far too long.

To MM’s credit, she has NEVER embarressed me.

MalkinFan on April 28, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Malkinfan:

Nicely written on Ann and credit to Michelle.

No arguement from me.

‘Nuff said.

The False Dervish on April 28, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Michelle won the O’Reilly debate easily & clearly. This is just ho hum, everydat stuff for Michelle. I really need to see her slap Chris Matthews around a bit though. I’m just glad she’s on our side.

wcarr on April 28, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Oh.

Sorry I didn’t get it.

hadsil on April 28, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Sorry for the off-topic also but have to defend my friend Ann also. I read the post that someone here offered up of some of her comments.

First off, some of them were out of context just like the author of the article went out of his way to deny. Second, if you disagree, then I would reconsider identifying myself as an American, much less a conservative.

Ann & Michelle are generally on the same page and I consider them both heroes.

RobertCSampson on April 29, 2006 at 12:35 PM

“I seem to remember the MSM being quite vocal about Clinton’s transgressions – to the point that I wanted to cover my children’s ears every night during the 6:00 news.”

To Zeus:

Yes, the MSM did report stories on Pres Clinton that were not flattering, but they did so because for the most part, they had no choice, and I think that depending on the nature of the story, they really had no choice to try and soften it up. But, remember, the press loved Clinton via asking him soft questions. And their creditability was hurt when they sat on the Clinton/Lewinski story while Drudge reported it.

The False Dervish on April 30, 2006 at 3:09 PM