Site Business

posted at 9:25 am on April 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

Just a reminder that comment registration will likely close within the next few hours. If you’d like to participate here, now’s your chance.

Also, many thanks to everyone who’s asked about becoming an affiliate. Michelle is swamped right now with tasks related to our launch, so it may be awhile before you hear from her. Please be patient.

Finally, thanks to everyone who’s linked and/or visited thus far. It’s been overwhelming, and very much appreciated.

UPDATE: Registration is now closed. To everyone who signed up, welcome aboard!

If you’re experiencing a glitch with your comment account, worry not — we’re working on it. But it might take a day or two to resolve the problem. Please bear with us.

Comments

Allah, this may be a dumb question, but I’m having trouble sending trackbacks to this site – I’m not sure where the URI is. Where do I find it? I used the “trackbacks” link on a couple of posts, but that didn’t work.

SisterToldjah on April 25, 2006 at 9:36 AM

Let me talk to our tech specialist, ST. I’m hearing this from a few people.

Allahpundit on April 25, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Yeah, I couldn’t find it either. However, if you go to Options>Discussion on your WordPress admin page, check the “attempt to notify any Weblogs…”, should send them out.

William Teach on April 25, 2006 at 10:02 AM

PS: the trackbacks are in the source code. People would just have to add trackback/ on to the post name, such as http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/04/25/site-business/trackback/

William Teach on April 25, 2006 at 10:07 AM

That’s right, Teach. For example, look at this trackback:

Remove the “#” sign and “-start” and change remove “s”, you’ll have:

That’s the proper link structure in WordPress; I suspect the webmaster will resolve the issue shortly, though.

LB on April 25, 2006 at 10:11 AM

I forgot to remove the “s.” This is the proper link structure:

LB on April 25, 2006 at 10:12 AM

Just a test comment to make sure my registration worked.
Site looks good, and it’s obviously popular.

KCSteve on April 25, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Eh.

I’ve never really understood how to use trackback anyway.

RWR

RightWingRocker on April 25, 2006 at 10:18 AM

Thanks, all, for the assistance.

SisterToldjah on April 25, 2006 at 11:08 AM

I used this as a trackback link earlier and didn’t have any luck … (unless I’m blind and don’t see my own post in the trackbacks :)) Ah well.

SisterToldjah on April 25, 2006 at 11:26 AM

*sigh* No wonder my trackback wasn’t showing up to the post in question this morning. I used the wrong trackback URI. Last night I had a legit issue with the trackbacks as I used the trackbacks URL from another post I had linked to, which didn’t work. Today, I did the right thing by editing down the trackback URI to look like a WordPress trackback, but I did it for the wrong Hot Air post.

Too bad there’s not a font called “moron” because I’d surely be using it right about now ;)

SisterToldjah on April 25, 2006 at 11:34 AM

I’m sure you could get the font over at the DU if you really wanted it :)

William Teach on April 25, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Making sure my comment account works.

p00ch1e on April 25, 2006 at 12:08 PM

RWR, without trying to insult you, what part about using trackbacks are you missing? Check this out for a bit of 411: http://gevkaffeegal.typepad.com/the_alliance/2005/08/how_many_backs_.html#more

William Teach on April 25, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Whew Just needed to make sure my registration was valid.
Great site. In looking over your various links I didn’t see one for The Mudville Gazette. Did I just miss it?

LakeRuins on April 25, 2006 at 12:30 PM

What a privilege to be a registered commentator! I’m just glad I registered before the closing. This site is going to be great fun.

Nordish on April 25, 2006 at 2:00 PM

I’m in! Thank you for the venue.

kathysaysso on April 25, 2006 at 2:05 PM

I too, wish to thank you for the venue. A clink of the brandy snifters to your success!

persecutor on April 25, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Just curious. What is the total number of commenters when registration is closed?

ArrMatey on April 25, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Wow! Reg is closed and I’m in! I hope I prove to be worthy!

atbay on April 25, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Test post. Interesting that the signup is limited. Might keep the loonies at bay.

BootJack on April 25, 2006 at 4:15 PM

I just tried to leave a trackback on the latest Vent post using LB’s approach and it still isn’t taking. Does anyone know whether there’s some built-in problem between WordPress and TypePad?

bdfaith on April 25, 2006 at 4:18 PM

Testing..one…two…three…”Coz is lying….Coz is lying…”

Kokonut on April 25, 2006 at 6:31 PM

Congratulations Michelle to this new blog. Definitely compelling content.

thebloggingtimes on April 25, 2006 at 8:44 PM

The place looks fab, Allah. It’s good to see you back and only fitting that a deity should roll back in accompanying the likes of Ms Malkin. What a kick ass gig.

Hot Air akbar!

Pablo on April 25, 2006 at 11:38 PM

Late test post. Traffic problems on the first day is a good sign.

Fight the good fight!