An army of videographers

posted at 8:22 am on April 25, 2006 by Michelle

Power Line is looking for citizen journalists to cover the illegal alien “strike” scheduled for May 1. Go here for more details.

Comments

Tape is cheap.

Have at it Ladies and Gents.

Keep the zooms to a minimum, and remember its MAYDAY.

A great idea!

Wander on April 25, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Tut tut, Michelle. Don’t you know they’re undocumented migrant workers who are just doing the jobs Americans don’t want to do, like running criminal enterprises, selling drugs and terrorizing communities of other undocumented migrants?

JammieWearingFool on April 25, 2006 at 9:03 AM

I don’t know if there will be too much action here in Milwaukee, but I’ll keep my eyes open. BTW, Paul at Blogs for Bush recommends delaying purchases until May 1 if you can.

baldeagle390 on April 25, 2006 at 9:04 AM

What … nothing in DC?! I also checked the DC Indymedia calendar, United for Peace & Justice, ANSWER, etc. … nothing … nada … what gives? Why can’t I have any fun?!? Am I missing something??

Chas on April 25, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Jobs Americans Won’t do

=

We can’t get the cotton crop in if we free the slaves.

Wander on April 25, 2006 at 9:11 AM

This is very serious. If it happens in our area, you guys won’t have any tasty chicken nuggets to eat the next week.

MattD on April 25, 2006 at 9:13 AM

In an odd coincidence, I’m off May 1. I doubt where I reside there’ll be any marches, but I’ll bring my camera along while I’m out just in case I see anything. Good suggestion from baldeagle390. I normally wold do some shopping on Saturday, but I’ll wait until Monday.

JammieWearingFool on April 25, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Fresh out – thousands will converge on D.C. in support of Venezuela and Cuba. Lift embargoes! Normalize trade! Allow free travel! “Close the Guantanamo Torture Camp.” And that’s where this group lost credibility with me. See the flyer that was posted all over the University of Pittsburgh campus yesterday (April 24, 2006) (http://www.strategicoutlookinstitute.com/Venlarge.jpg).

The organizers of this movement have some serious reality awareness issues. “Big business media echo chamber”? I’m confused by this. Hugo Chavez stated that he would eject the U.S. Ambassador. He has been very vocal in his anti-American statements. And the fact that we supported the side of those who were anti-communist. Come on Hugo, don’t take it personally – we have to be anti-communist. It is in our nature to try and protect people from their own stupidity. The Soviet Union’s brand of communism did not raise everyone equally. The only way you can gain true equality is by the simple mathematical principle of the least common denominator. That means everyone is lowered in status to the lowest of the low. That means that everyone is equally poor, not equally rich. Although mention of a class system is shaky ground, they truly exist in the United States. The good way that they exist is that most people can rise (or fall) because of their own efforts. Some are born into it and some marry into it, but a birthright is not a guarantee in this country. In Venezuela, your birthright is a guarantee under Hugo Chavez – poverty is yours and you don’t even have to work at it. In Cuba, the newborns have the same guarantee. Communism makes everyone equally poor – that’s what history has shown over (Soviet Union) and over (East Germany) and over (North Vietnam) and over (North Korea) and over (Poland) and over (Czechoslovakia) and over again. But are we taling communism, or is it more akin to a king and his fiefdoms? Chavez lives like a king. Castro lives fairly moderately – maybe he really means well, but get a grip man! It ain’t working!

And the folks who want to rally in support of Venezuela and Cuba, go ahead – this is a free country and you have your voice. Use it. But you also have a brain – maybe you need to exercise that a little more and your lungs a little less.

SOI on April 25, 2006 at 9:55 AM

I will be toting camera around with me on May 1st also maybe I’ll go take pictures of the local hotspots where the day layborers hang out in the moring and see just how many are still there looking for work.

I don’t see it affecting much of anything even the McNuggets will still roll out lol!

AZPatriot on April 25, 2006 at 10:16 AM

This could easily shut down 90% of the machine shops
in the Chicago area.

beretta on April 25, 2006 at 11:21 AM

Apologies, Allah – I trackbacked to this post by mistake (meant to trackback to your excellent CIA primer post). Feel free to delete this trackback.

SisterToldjah on April 25, 2006 at 11:30 AM

Bush says rounding up the illegals is not feasible. but this is the perfect chance to round ‘em up. Right? Just think if all the tax cheats (getting all of them isn’t feasible either) announced they’d be congregating, and where and when. Something tells me there’d be some ramifications.

BillLalor on April 25, 2006 at 1:52 PM

I’m going to go on a spending spree on May 1st. If the store has employees working, I know their not hiring illegals. If they lose employees that day, then I know they are hiring illegals and they can forget about my business forever.

DieselDude on April 25, 2006 at 3:11 PM

Hopefully here in Indy I can get pictures and descriptions before noon (when I have to go to work). I think the best way to judge the success of the demonstrations is to see what time they start. If it’s not till after 12 noon, you can bet that most just used the demonstration as a way to skip work and sleep in.

geekrunner on April 25, 2006 at 6:10 PM

How did they miss hooking this up with Cinco de Mayo? Always a day for revelry in Socal. Revelry/Boycott day…not exactly a spinners dream.

BeeCharmer on April 25, 2006 at 6:18 PM

Look on the bright side, maybe we can get our car insurance premium to be reduced on May 1st.

-Fog
(Fat Old Guy)

Fogpig on April 25, 2006 at 7:50 PM

If all the illegals stay home on May 1st can I get a discount on my car insurance for that day? I figure that ought to take about 90% of the uninsured drivers off the Arizona roads.

gilbert_sundevil on April 25, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Have you asked the Protest Warrior guys what they’re doing that day?

Sounds right up their alley.
Surely some of their members live close by.

lauraw on April 25, 2006 at 9:35 PM

Hey, Michelle, how about this?

Illegally documented aliens?

Now, where are those tamper-proof driver’s licenses that we’re hearing? Isn’t California the one giving them away for free to illegal aliens?

Kokonut on April 25, 2006 at 9:39 PM