BDS Now Features Props

posted at 1:13 pm on April 24, 2006 by Allahpundit

Still working on the link round-up for the CIA leak, which is expanding faster than anyone can keep up. Although Ace is trying.

Meanwhile, here’s a fun item from Sunday’s Page Six, in which a few of the elder statesmen from the loyal opposition huddle together to count the moments until America is released from bondage and the healing begins.

No photo accompaniment, but this seems to match the description. Michelle asked me to Photoshop it but I’m swamped with McCarthy; I wonder if I can lure Dorkafork or SarahW into the arena.

On a serious note, if you missed Hugh Hewitt’s interview with Christopher Hitchens last month, read it now and note well this passage about the “countdown” mentality vis-a-vis the war on terror:

HH: Well then, in 30 seconds, if the Democratic Party returns to power in this country, you get thirty seconds now, what happens?

CH: I’ll just tell you something a very senior person at a well-known network. I know this sounds a bit odd, but I just can’t tell you who he is or which network. I don’t have the right to do it. But you’ll have to believe me, okay?

HH: Okay.

CH: He called me the other day. This is not a guy who’s in any way a conservative, and said you know, we’ve known each other for a bit. He said you know, I’m beginning to think you must be right, because it really worries me what we’re doing, when we are giving the other side the impression that all they need to do is hang on until the end of this administration. Do people know what they’re doing when they’re doing this? One doesn’t have to make any allegation of disloyalty, but just…if it worries him, as it really does, I think it should worry other people, too, and it certainly worries me.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention: if you’re interested in experimenting with photo manipulation but don’t want to shell out fifty bucks for Photoshop Elements, consider PhotoFiltre. I haven’t tried it yet but it comes highly recommended. And it’s free.

UPDATE 2: HDW responds with this thermometer, which really ought to run to six digits considering:

DeanCounter.jpg

Comments

I think the guy who called Hitchens is right. As much as I want to be optimistic, the election of Democrats in ‘06 and ‘08 who want to yield American military power to the United Nations, who drop our borders, who see terrorists as victims of American “evil” corporate existence, who promote morally bankrupt behavior as “enlightenment,” could surely put us on the path to destruction. In the history of the world, all great civilizations have come to an end, and seriously, ours may be on the brink.

chrisj on April 24, 2006 at 2:18 PM

This site is looking good, Great One!

Stormy70 on April 24, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Where’s our “Fitz-mas”, now?! Aren’t we experiencing that Democratic “Culture Of COrruption”?!

Yiddish Steel on April 24, 2006 at 2:42 PM

It’s sad, really, that the left dosen’t have the sense to take it’s own side in a fight to the death. If our lefties think the Christian religious right is tough, wait ’till they let the “religion of peace” run around loose in America for a while.

HIGHSLIDER on April 24, 2006 at 3:03 PM

Way to go Michelle. Not only don’t I get enough of reading you but it will be good to see you more often as I very rarely ever bother turning my TV on. Believe me. I get all the news and good data I need from the web!
Great idea. Great work. It’s gonna fly high!
Best Regards,
auspatriotman

auspatriotman on April 24, 2006 at 3:11 PM

A tremendous pleasure to read you once again, Allah… hope you stick around this time, but I’ll follow wherever you go.

hindmost on April 24, 2006 at 6:41 PM

you can edit pictures online with Pixoh or you can get Picasa from Evil Google.

MacStansbury on April 24, 2006 at 6:46 PM

What an excellent suprise for a Monday! Michelle, I think Hot Air looks great and I am certain this will be an unqualified success for you and the cause.

Best of luck with this and your other endeavors and keep fighting the good fight.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Rosetta on April 24, 2006 at 6:50 PM

Read/listen to Rush’s take.

It’s got to be about the MOST informative 22 or so minutes a human being can find about the subject. Almost TOO much info. But for this crowd…nah.

Jimmyboy1 on April 24, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Great to have this! Not sure about the name…a few of my lib friends are already having fun with it. ;)

Allah, it’s wonderful to see you again! I have missed you.

Lady Heather on April 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM

The site is looking beautiful.

Not sure about the name…a few of my lib friends are already having fun with it.

Yes, but we can take a joke.

Allah, thanks for the help and thanks for letting me PhotoShop that image for you. As you’ll no doubt notice, my login is now high_desert_wanderer.

high_desert_wanderer on April 24, 2006 at 11:06 PM

It’s very sad day for the Democratic Party when they defend a tratious act like that of Mary McCarthy, but thats who they are. They hang together like flys on do-do, ops, did I say hang!

birdman on April 24, 2006 at 11:52 PM

“I’ve been a senator for 44 years and will stay till I get the hang of it.”

I don’t think teddy boy will ever get the hang of it. Riding coatails,(or is that cocktails) is all he can do.

R D on April 25, 2006 at 12:24 AM

Teddys also ver good at leaving girls to drown in his car while he’s out taking a swim. R D did you know that Teddy has a dog named “Spash”. He a real lady killer.

birdman on April 25, 2006 at 12:39 AM

To all,

Congratulations on staying ahead of the communications technology curve.

The modern media convergence is underway, and the manistream media can only read it and weep — or try to keep apace.

Looking forward to many hours of Hot Air. Am adding it to the desktop bookmark bar where all my frequently visited sites are.

Our definition of Hot Air: Giving lift to higher ideas.

From your fans Mark and Andrea at “Constitutional Public Radio – CPR for the Heart of America” heard weekdays at 3 on Florida’s beautiful Space Coast on AM 1510 and streamed at http://www.1510wwbc.com

Constitutionalist on April 25, 2006 at 1:28 AM

They really are completely insane, aren’t they? Wow.

p00ch1e on April 25, 2006 at 12:10 PM

No there not insane theres a method to there madness, comrade.

birdman on April 25, 2006 at 2:37 PM

RE Hitchen’s comments about the media person getting concerned about the Left: The critical difference between the Right and the Left is that the concern for national security is deep in the soul and bones of the Right. The Right knows that the federal gov’t's primary obligation is for the safety of this country. To the Left it is just a talking point. They don’t feel it, they don’t understand it.

ketchikan on April 26, 2006 at 3:34 AM